Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Anybody Familiar with Pecatonic River Long Rifle supply? >

Anybody Familiar with Pecatonic River Long Rifle supply?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Anybody Familiar with Pecatonic River Long Rifle supply?

Old 08-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default Anybody Familiar with Pecatonic River Long Rifle supply?

I just recently stumbled across this company. I'm mostly interested in their rifle kits, but I'm not quite ready for anything advanced. I am wanting to work my way up and eventually order a kit from TOF.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

As far as actually building a kit from them, no. However I have come real close a couple times and if I were going to build a kit I would be it from them. I've talked to them a couple different times and was very impressed with the customer service. If you go read on The Muzzleloading Forum you'll hear basically the same thing. Sounds like a great company to do business with.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

I bought a Hawken stock in curly maple for my T/C hardware and it did take more than minor fitting and finishing. The stock was about 80% inletted and had more drop at the comb than a std T/C Hawken. More like a Lyman. But I like it.
I also bought my latest GM barrel off them (.58 caplock). They have good service as far as I'm concerned.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Fork Horn

Thank you SUperKirby and Bronko.
I noticed last night that their recomended parts lists for rifles doen't include a stock and it looks like these are more for experienced builders which I don't consider myself at the moment.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was told that Pecatonic River supply's the stocks to TOW, so no sense in building up to TOW. You'd be there already with Pecatonic River.

I've heard their stocks are always a better grade than what they claim it is. Nothing wrong with that.