Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight ULite Shooting -Testing >

Knight ULite Shooting -Testing

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight ULite Shooting -Testing

Old 05-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Knight ULite Shooting -Testing

Today was another testing day of sorts... I have never - ever trusted Quick Release Scope Mounts to maintain zero once removed and replaced. Well, I did that today, I removed the NECG Peep sight from the Warne (Weaver) scope block and replaced it with the scope.

The scope had been sighted in some time back but I took it off a couple of weeks ago and in re-installed the NECG Peep. Today I wanted to find out for sure if the scope would hold zero. I had the release levers tightened to a 1:00 position the last time the scope was shot. Today I set the scope on the Warne blocks and tightened the levers to the same position they were when I removed the scope.

I guess the target results verify what Warne and lots of other people have said - they will return to '0'.

Shot #1... I touched off 4 primers and ran a slightly moist Windex patch after the primers. Then loaded the rifle with my normal elk hunting load. Touched off #1 - It really did not seem to far out of place, I just hate shooting and hunting on a clean barrel. Shots 2-5 proved to me again there is a difference. Actually it proved two things the scope will re-mount to '0' and shot #1 on a clean bore is never as good as the rest. Shot #5 was as always Semi's fault- if he had never posted the rules it would not have happened but I started thinking about the rules and actually over concentrated!

Old 05-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Spike

Nice report,

Dave
Old 05-02-2013, 07:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Very nice shooting there. That kind of group puts meat on the table.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do believe you could kill an elk with any one of those shots. Excellent shooting.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
I do believe you could kill an elk with any one of those shots. Excellent shooting.
That certainly is my goal... now I just need the right animal to cooperate.

Gotta tell you though, I am really happy with the combination of equipment that makes it possible and provides the confidence.

Is everybody home yet? If so that ought to make the house a busy place!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I quit using Leupold QR rings and bases because i could not consistently get back to zero. Warne i have never had a problem at all. By far the best for me and on all my Muzzleloaders now.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Grouse45
I quit using Leupold QR rings and bases because i could not consistently get back to zero. Warne i have never had a problem at all. By far the best for me and on all my Muzzleloaders now.
Just so you know... Leupold is now offering a weaver style QD system, called QRW, that is exactly the same as the Warne set-up. They are even made by the same manufact..

I could not find any Warne bases after I got that last order that I sent you so I bought a set of these Leupold QRW bases and installed them on the ULite, but the rings are Warne...

http://www.leupold.com/hunting-shoot...nting-systems/

I actually like the looks and mechanics of the Leupold rings better but have not tried a set of them yet. The lock up is the same as the Warne...
Old 05-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Dominant Buck

I use Warne Quick Release and even some made by CVA and Traditions. They seem to work fine for me. Now if the weather will cooperate and melt this snow so I can shoot.

Mother Nature shafted me again. Last night it started snowing! May 2nd and snowing. We got 16 inches of the stuff already. And the weatherman said its not going to stop for a while and we could get 8 more inches of the stuff. I still had snow from before. Sure did not need another two feet of it. Fishing season starts Saturday, and the lake report was just in.. some lakes still have 13 inches of ice on them.

Spring time in Northern Wisconsin. Isn't it great!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Aaaaa! Where is your spring weather?
Old 05-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Aaaaa! Where is your spring weather?

This is spring weather. Actually last year it was in the 60's and beautiful. This is just an old time winter like we used to have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.