Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight ULite Shooting -Testing >

Knight ULite Shooting -Testing

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight ULite Shooting -Testing

Old 05-03-2013, 04:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good report Sabotloader.

I keep thinking about getting those quick release mounts for the three Sinful Sisters. But those suckers aren't cheap (like me) and I have a hard time convincing myself to buy rings that cost three times as much as the ProDiamonds scopes I have on those guns.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:41 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Dave ...Al Gores on the way up to see you. False reports of old time winters need to stop.. Global WARMING my friend.. Learn those words

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android
Old 05-03-2013, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader

Gotta tell you though, I am really happy with the combination of equipment that makes it possible and provides the confidence.

Is everybody home yet? If so that ought to make the house a busy place!
You have a great setup, so you should be happy.
Everyone is home now. It's sure a lot different. I guess I had 4 years what it was like to have one this small at home. It's a lot different.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Spike

I see you all seem to like the Warne QR rings over the Leupold QR ring For not returning to zero. Can you tell me how far off the gun were after you put the Leupold,s back on?
Old 05-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by W.W.
I see you all seem to like the Warne QR rings over the Leupold QR ring For not returning to zero. Can you tell me how far off the gun were after you put the Leupold,s back on?
Well that is partly true, because of the older Leupold QR rings and bases. But, the new Leupold QRW's are excellent! they are made by the same company that makes Warne rings and bases...

These are the ones that I did not trust in combination with the rings that fit into them...

These are the ones that I would certainly order...

Last edited by sabotloader; 05-03-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jaybez101099
Hey Dave ...Al Gores on the way up to see you. False reports of old time winters need to stop.. Global WARMING my friend..

Learn those wordsPosted from Huntingnet.com App for Android
It very well may be i don't understand your comment here, so please forgive me if i provide a response that doesn't make sense.

Just so you know, if i understand science correctly, the winter we are currently experiencing is to be expected if we are in the midst of global warming. If i understand the science i have read, Warmer seasons caused by global warming, will cause more snow in the Northern United States. This is counter intuitive to me, but if i understand correctly what i have read, global warming, is what caused the ice ages. Again, i am just a retired old person, but it seems to me the winter Dave is experiencing is to be expected if science is correct in the understaning of a 'global warming'.

To me it doesn't quite make sense that a warming, would cause more snow, but i believe that is what science is saying. The warming climate will cause more snow and cold here in our United States. Who knows, certainly not me.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

i am just a retired old person
Something like an old woolly mammoth?
Old 05-04-2013, 04:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kinda, but not as large.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Semisane
Good report Sabotloader.

I keep thinking about getting those quick release mounts for the three Sinful Sisters. But those suckers aren't cheap (like me) and I have a hard time convincing myself to buy rings that cost three times as much as the ProDiamonds scopes I have on those guns.
Iron sights are cheap. (they come with the gun)