Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Mousegun build

Old 02-17-2013, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default Mousegun build

I"m busy building a mouse-gun, I had a friend draw it in CAD and we then send it for laser-cutting. We had 4 sets cut, he kept one set for his build.
The pistol will be really small, 7" long and about 3/4"thick and will be a .22 caliber. The handles will be Wild Olive but its going slow. I don't get time in the workshop every day but hopefully be able to finish it soon.
Attached Thumbnails Mousegun build-image.jpg  

Last edited by wildeboer; 02-17-2013 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Pic added
Old 02-17-2013, 06:45 AM
Dominant Buck

a mouse gun? That sounds pretty good. I could have used one of them the other night when I had a weasel in the living room. Instead I got my pellet rifle. But hr refused to come back and show his face.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

The small pistols are called mouseguns on the internet, over here we call them Derringers or miniatures. I'm building the little one as a novelty, the barrel is a off-cut from fitting a "sound modulator" to a friends .22-250. The thing was a fishing pole with the silinder attached.
I have a Airforce .22cal airrifle for pest control, packs a nasty punch.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Dominant Buck

I use a 5mm Sheridan Silver Streak pellet rifle and that thing is very powerful. I have owned for over 40 years I believe, and it still works great. When I was a kid I used to squirrel and rabbit hunt with it all the time. Shot a lot of bunnies with that thing.

I never heard of derringers called mouse guns. Pocket pistols, belly guns, a adies friend.. but I like that mouse gun description.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

I had a sheridan blue streak in 5mm. It was the greatest squirrel killing gun around. I wish I had that gun today.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by deer655
I had a sheridan blue streak in 5mm. It was the greatest squirrel killing gun around. I wish I had that gun today.
! have one that's almost 40 years old. The seals are bad and it leaks air when you pump it up now.