Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Hunting With Earbuds >

Hunting With Earbuds

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Hunting With Earbuds

Old 02-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

If I hunted in a boxstand overlooking crops I could easily listen to audiobooks. If I was treestand hunting in thick woods I don't think I could pull it off. My imagination would be in overdrive that something was coming behind me. I love long drives tho with a good audiobook.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by TNHagies
I use my ears too much when I'm in the woods. That's why I hate windy days.
So does the game. It's a good time to still hunt.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to read in my stand, but now don't much anymore. I noticed that I may have missed a lot of sneaky dear getting past me. So the audio books sounds like a great idea!
Old 10-29-2020, 02:08 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Semisane
Hey guys, as the regulars here know much of my hunting involves sitting in a box stand or high stand overlooking a food plot or a patch of woods. I often spend the entire day on stand, taking a thermos of coffee, lunch, and drinks.

For years I would bring a book to the stand and read, looking up frequently to check for game. Then last year I got a Sansa Clip+ MP3 player and found it's very user friendly for audiobooks (and only $33 at Amazon). I download books to my computer for free from the local library and transfer them to the Clip, which holds about eight or ten books at a time.

So last season I found myself listening to quite a few books while hunting and never had to take my eyes off the woods.

I was just wondering if any of you guys do that too?
I use earbuds all the time when it is windy or rainy I listen to music when it is quiet I use my phones microphones to extend my hearing range
Old 10-30-2020, 09:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wow someone was digging deep into the archives to bring this one up. Some of the members that posted on here have since passed away. I see no problem with this. Heck before I got my hearing aids I couldn't hear anything anyway