Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Last minute muzzleloader hunt!!! >

Last minute muzzleloader hunt!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Last minute muzzleloader hunt!!!

Old 12-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default Last minute muzzleloader hunt!!!

Well, I decided to leave school today as soon as the bell rang for the kids to leave. I'm a school teacher. I rushed home to change clothes and then hurried to my hunting property for an afternoon sit. I just made it about ten minutes before the the first doe showed up. About ten minutes before I lost all shooting light this 7-point came in at the far end of the food plot. I've been watching him on my game camera since early June. There is a bigger 6-point that is with him some times but i decided that this guy would fit the bill with my muzzleloader. I have been wanting to give the Speer .452/300gr Gold Dot bullet a try on some game. Well at 98 yards it more than did the trick. The deer was slighlty quartering to me when the trigger broke. The bullet entered high in the front shoulder and exited about midway of the rib cage on the other side. He never took a step. When the smoke cleared I could see his white belly laying in the green grass of the food plot. I was using my T/C Endaevor loaded with 110 gr. of BH209, a Win 209 primer, Speer gold Dot 300 gr. bullet and a Harvester short black sabot. Just wanted to share my story with you guys. He's not a monster but I was more than happy to put him in the back of my truck. Here are the pics.

Last minute muzzleloader hunt!!!-7-point-1.jpg

Last minute muzzleloader hunt!!!-7-point-2.jpg

Last minute muzzleloader hunt!!!-7-point-3.jpg

Last minute muzzleloader hunt!!!-7-point-4.jpg

Last edited by SHulion; 12-07-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry for the small pics. Im not sure how to make them bigger.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job on the deer. When I click on them they come up just fine. Ron
Old 12-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Dominant Buck

Very nice job on the deer. I would have shot a buck like that any day. Lots of good eating I see there, laying in the grass. Congratulations on a great shot and a good write up of the bullet.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

Nice kill, congrats!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Typical Buck

Nice Buck!! Are you kidding I'd take him in a heart beat! Right now I'd settle for a doe. I haven't seen a thing on any of the Pennsylvania state game lands again this year. That makes two years in a row.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys. It's always a little sweeter when you get one with a muzzleloader. I really like this load combination. I think I have found the one I'm gonna stick with. It should do the trick on anything I will ever shoot. Thanks again for the comments and everyone's help throughout the years.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

Seems like great things always happen when it's a last minute decision. Today we were pulling stands in and my cousin said to me "let's grab the guns and walk the other side other woods before we get that last stand." And wouldn't you know...we filled our last tag within the hour.

Congrats!
Old 12-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the nice buck.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice, congratulations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.