Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
My Best Friend and Hunting Buddy >

My Best Friend and Hunting Buddy

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My Best Friend and Hunting Buddy

Old 11-28-2012, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good looking dog BP. I like labs but my wife had a couple bad experiences with them when she was a kid and will never have one. I have Kirby, the dog in my avatar. Need a different picture of him though. Kirby is an old english sheepdog, or at least mostly. I suspect he's got something else in him. Doesn't matter though. Kirby doesn't have sheep so has taken on the kids as his flock. He will sit in the backyard while they're playing and watch the road to make sure nothing is coming for them.
Funny story - the farrier for my wife's horse has a little jack russell that goes everywhere with him. Great little dog and my 3 year old daughter loves it. Earlier this spring he stopped out and the kids were playing with the dog. My daughter was laughing and let out a high pitched squeal. Kirby took it as her being in trouble and came flying over and put his head into the jack russell and knocked him about 10 feet. Kirby then found my son and chased him over by my daughter and started circling around them until they were side by side and then just kept circling them to keep them together. Whenever the jack russell would try to come back to play with my daughter Kirby would just knock him over again until he eventually gave up and went somewhere else. I was so proud of that dog.

Sorry to steal your thread. Just wanted to share. You can have your thread back now.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

Black labs any labs for that matter are good dogs. My brother in law lost his best friend a year ago black lab Sam, and what a loss for him and his wife. Just like losing a family member no different. There good w/ kids you name it there good dogs. They can be on the hipper side is the only problem and chewing up all your shoes if you leave them alone, it's like they are mad your gone. Anyways, good to see you and connie have added another family member to the house hold. Have fun w/ him at the water. take care.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Great looking dog.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Spike

He's A beauty!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Great buddy there. i,d be lost without a passel of dogs.
Regarding sink and cabinet(s), heck no ,just cause your old don,t mean replace. We are all headed that way. Plus it could lead to those four expensive and scary words "while we,re at it".
Good luck keepin the peace!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

I had 2 black labs over the years both were geat dogs too bad they don't live longer it is ruff when yo have to put them down.
I have been with out a dog now for about 3 years I lost my Rotty 135 lb killer he would lick you to death a small teddy bear he lasted to 12 1/2 years old