Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
My Best Friend and Hunting Buddy >

My Best Friend and Hunting Buddy

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My Best Friend and Hunting Buddy

Old 11-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My Best Friend and Hunting Buddy

As many of you know I lost the best friend I ever had last January, my Black Lab Sabbath. Connie and I waited for spring to arrive then summer, we finally found another to fill Sabbaths footprints. Maximus "Max" was born on July 4th, we got him at just 4 weeks old as his mother would no longer nurse the pups. It must be something about having a black lab puppy born on a holliday as Sabbath was born on Christmas Day and Maximus was born on the 4th of July. Well both Sabbath and Max have turned out to be the smartest black labs I have ever seen. I do believe Max is Sabbath Reincarnated, they are exactly alike and smat as heck. Max was potty trained after 3 days when he was 4 weeks old and not long after was trained to shake with both hands at just 8 weeks old, he also will not touch his food dish untill I say "OK"
I just had to share a Pic of him now, he's 1 week away from being 5 months old, here he is looking for Mommy comming home from work, he's so Big already and can fetch, he's ready for Ducks and Geese.
Hope you enjoy the pic of my new Hunting Buddy and give me some Slack for Posting so many "Off Topic Threads" and aso a Pic of my old Buddy Sabbath.
(BP)
Attached Thumbnails My Best Friend and Hunting Buddy-dsc01669.jpg   My Best Friend and Hunting Buddy-sabbath-bowhunter-brown.jpg  
Old 11-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Dominant Buck

A beautiful dog. Black Labradors are so smart. And they want to please their master so badly. Actually they make mistakes often times because they over try to please the boss. I sure miss my old black labrador. I have not had the desire to grouse hunt since his death. And my walks in the morning are just that.. a walk. With him they were more like exploring. But after some family issues solve themselves, I will be getting another dog.

Enjoy the dog.. sure is a pretty dog.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

That is one fine looking beast Breechplug.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
A beautiful dog. Black Labradors are so smart. And they want to please their master so badly. Actually they make mistakes often times because they over try to please the boss. I sure miss my old black labrador. I have not had the desire to grouse hunt since his death. And my walks in the morning are just that.. a walk. With him they were more like exploring. But after some family issues solve themselves, I will be getting another dog.

Enjoy the dog.. sure is a pretty dog.
Dave, get yourself another Lab.....My Lab is the best thing that I have ever could have got to fullfill my life. He's so Loyal and would never let me down, actually he's more than a friend, I dont have to ever wonder if he'll be there for me as he never leaves my side, execpt when Connie "Mommy" comes home.
They have one reason to live, to please and to love, and yes to hunt, they love finding downed birds. I know he's gonna be a bird dog as I cant leave the bathroom door open when I take a shower, he jumped in with me one day and loved it! I could'nt do anything but keep him out of the soapy water
(BP)
Old 11-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
That is one fine looking beast Breechplug.
Thank's Semi, Im gonna teach him to keepout the Tresspassers, he's got a Mean Bark for a 5 month old, but will Lick you to Death! We got in a Tug Of War match last night with his new Rope Toy and he just about pulled my arm out of the socket, pretty sad for me being 6'6" and 240, he made me look bad. He's 48lbs now at almost 5 months old.
(BP)
Old 11-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I need a Vote, looking at the Pic I see my Kitchen Sink is pictured. Connie thinks the sink and cabnints are too old. They were here when we bought the house wich was built in 1957 and are from Sears and Roebuck and also from 1957.
I thnk living in the country and having a older home with a country theme they look good and fit the home. Do you's or are you more of a modern home person? Im old fashioned and country and think they look just fine, they dont build em like that anymore. They go good with the Woodstove and my Hunting Boots drying beside them.
(BP)
Old 11-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Dominant Buck

If the drawers and doors open good.. then the only reason to replace the sink is if it is one of them shallow devils. I hate a shallow sink. When I remodeled the kitchen last winter I put in 9 inch deep stainless steel sinks and the best Delta faucet money could buy. I was sick of getting the front of me washed when I forgot and turned the water on full blast. Also my cupboards were made out of that junk particle board. And the doors warped, and the drawer fronts were falling off.. So my buddy who works at the mill got me a bunch of Oak and I built from scratch all my own oak cabinets and stuff.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

Great looking companion you got there, it will be as loyal as the day is long also!!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
If the drawers and doors open good.. then the only reason to replace the sink is if it is one of them shallow devils. I hate a shallow sink. When I remodeled the kitchen last winter I put in 9 inch deep stainless steel sinks and the best Delta faucet money could buy. I was sick of getting the front of me washed when I forgot and turned the water on full blast. Also my cupboards were made out of that junk particle board. And the doors warped, and the drawer fronts were falling off.. So my buddy who works at the mill got me a bunch of Oak and I built from scratch all my own oak cabinets and stuff.
The doors open and close as tight as the day they were made, and the sink is deep, oh the good old American Made 50's stuff, it last forever. Everythins made of metal execpt the sink of course, I did paint the kitchen cabinents green to match the carpet but everythings as good as the day it was made.
Our Home was handbuilt by the preveious owner and is solid as a rock, our Barn was the owners Mothers home who was here when the Great Depression was on, all the walls and ceilings and roof are made from tongue and groove cedar and so is our barn "the old house" there's a-lot of history here and I like it that way.
(BP)
Old 11-28-2012, 12:49 AM
Typical Buck

breechplug i myself &my wife own a black lab & he is our second black lab. first ones name jake just like the song jake from the pirates of the mississippi & past away & now we have j.j. (jake jr) does the same as your dog but he"ll draul waiting for that ok. best dogs to own. i think the smartest dog to own is a border collie we had one (buddie ) & was very smart.but going back to jj he's a english lab. bigger than the american lab. about 2yrs ago he had to have acl surgery & boy did ever hurt use to see him go through that, but he was a trooper & was up & adam with in 6 weeks. my home will never be complete with a black lab. now my wife & i just got a dog from a animal college & her name is pennie ann & she the daughter my wife never had. i always tell my wife we can never be broke again due to we have a pennie to our life. problem is pennies is a small mix & weighs
about 17 lbs & see rules the house. but her & jj are the best of friends. well breechplug, you & your wife enjoy your new love of your life. they don't stay small long.

Last edited by t.shaffer; 11-28-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.