Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Now we finally get to have some FUN too! >

Now we finally get to have some FUN too!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Now we finally get to have some FUN too!

Old 11-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Fork Horn

Wow, 27 years and going stronger. I sure wish the guys ragged on me for having my wife w/ me on opening day. Very nice buck and I will say a prayer that she do it again. Nice little blind you two had and the shooting sticks and all. You really had that all set up nicely and ready for the hunt. BP, you need to get a nice deer too, hope you do. Be safe.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by .454
Wow, 27 years and going stronger. I sure wish the guys ragged on me for having my wife w/ me on opening day. Very nice buck and I will say a prayer that she do it again. Nice little blind you two had and the shooting sticks and all. You really had that all set up nicely and ready for the hunt. BP, you need to get a nice deer too, hope you do. Be safe.
Thank's for the wishes .454
Yea when I first met Connie I found out she came from a hunting family and after that I made my mind up she was the one. We usually hunt out of our home made 2 man stands, but in the Hemlock woods there was no way to get a stand up high enough where in it you could see far enough away, si I built a blind in there. And the shooting sticks worked great for Connie.
I always hold out for a nice buck through our bow and gun and late mler seasons, I have 2 buck tags for the hunting season's combined. I've went many years into late mler season with 2 buck tags still as if I dont get a big one I usually pass on the smaller bucks and let em grow, having a wife who hunts helps fill the freezer and takes pressure off me to fill my tags with just anything. But on ocassion when it gets late enough in the season and I've passed up bucks from archery through gun season that I wish I'd of taken, sometimes in the last few days I take a lesser buck.
There's nothing more I'd like to do than take a nice buck, but if it does'nt happen I dont sweat it, I have some dandys on the walls now and as I get older just being out there and hunting is enough fun for me. In those last 27 years our freezer has never gone empty.
(BP)
Old 11-18-2012, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

Your both blessed, there's a lot of people on this forum who trully have a good life, loving all that they do. It's evident. Can't wait until the next story, I have a feeling sabotloader or Ron again. I think Ron just got started. Have a nice day. Kevin
Old 11-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations to your wife, very nice buck. Best of luck to you BP