Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Hornady SST Question >

Hornady SST Question

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Hornady SST Question

Old 10-28-2012, 07:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

The 300gr SST and 200gr SST hold up better than the 250gr SST.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:46 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the feed back and info on the SST. Josmund I wish we all had your problem this year. What do you think he will score. Congrats
Old 10-28-2012, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by tkstae
Thanks for all the feed back and info on the SST. Josmund I wish we all had your problem this year. What do you think he will score. Congrats
Not sure what he'd score. I've taken a lot of deer over the years and never learned how to score them. I do keep pictures and memories and the rack will go in the basement.

I know it's a good problem to have but I've taken a week off in December where my Family and Friends will be heading to camp. ( it's actually a cabin ) I really had no serious intentions of ending my season in the first hour. I was just going out to enjoy the sunset and dream of the hunt.

I'll be the cook, driver and guide in December. Plus I can shoot a doe and will try a open sight side lock with a mini ball. It will still be fun.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot over 40 animals with the 250 SST and love them!!!!! I shoot them in my Knight Disc Extreme with 110grns T7 and have yet to recover a round!!! They have blown through everything I have shot with it. They will group almost touching at 100yds and then in the 3 inch mark at 200yds. Never had one animal go over 10yds. Most drop in their tracks.