Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Back from Camp

Old 10-15-2012, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Back from Camp

Forgot the camera, dropped a 110 pound doe in her tracks. It is doe only season started on the 13 got my doe yesterday one shot behind the shoulder on an angle forward broke the other shoulder.
Distance 35 yds
load
120 Blackhorn
Bonded 250 grain Shock Wave
damage
both lungs disindigrated top of heart gone 4 inch hole far side of rib cage off shoulder broke
Gun
Endeavor Encore
Butcherd at camp no pics without the camera.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:15 AM
Dominant Buck

congratulations on the deer. Sounds like some good eating there.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

lemoyne

Job well done!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also am back. Got back last Saturday and had a good time. The only thing is we are in our archery season and I got my doe with a xbow.

I got her in my sights at about 27 yds. and she took me on a tracking adventure. Finally found her at a little over 400 yds. I was in my climber and up the tree at about 20 or so feet. I had a great shot, but I didn't figure in the angle. My arrow hit her left lung lobe, but went under the heart and right lung lobe. She bled a bunch, but only sat down twice and left a small blood pool. At one point I did get a little lost, but got lucky and came out on one of our trails. I took off my first coat and marked that spot and crossed the road and followed the trail. I didn't want to get lost again, so I came back out on the road and took off my second coat to mark my spot again. Well I started to back up the trail and to get back to my ATV. It was a long go around and when I got back to the ATV that is when I realized that my key for the bike was in my first coat I took off.

Well now it was a much longer walk back to camp. Long story short, I got a couple of friends to help out and we finally found her.

This doe will definitely going to be the best tasting deer I ever shot. Now if this story was about a young stud in his prime instead of a 65 yr old fart with lousy circulation in his legs, it wouldn't be so good. But I was totally trashed the next day and slept in the next morning! Will be going back in two weeks for last week of bow and then 2 weeks of BP.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to you Both Lemoyne and rafsob! Those will be some fine eating deer. Also nice tracking job rafsob, I know (it) happens but the most inportant thing is you stayed on her and found her. I know there's some out there that would have gave up.
(BP)
Old 10-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Way to go guys!
Old 10-17-2012, 01:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations fellers!!!!!!