Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
My CVA ACCURA Is Throwing Shots..HELP >

My CVA ACCURA Is Throwing Shots..HELP

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My CVA ACCURA Is Throwing Shots..HELP

Old 09-18-2012, 05:32 PM
Spike

I had a Bushnell Elite 3200 scope loose zero between sighting in on a lead sled and opening weekend the next week. I found out the hard way and completely missed a 10pt and shot extremely low on a doe.

Sent the scope back to Bushnell and they said the reticle had to be re-centered.

That was the last time using the lead sled.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

Put me in the Lead Sled mistake club.

My buddy bought one. I put my 7MM Weatherby on it with 50 lbs of weight. After I chased my POI around and wasted a bunch of rounds. I found out it ripped my steel rings and bases apart. The scope was never the same and it cost $75 to replace the hardware.

Never again for me and my guns with or without weight.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:45 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info on the LS. I just bought a new rifle,scope setup and was getting ready to sight it in using a lead sled I was about to buy. I'll save my money and my new rig.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I never have understood folks using something like the leadsled, if the dang gun kicks that much, it's too much!!!

How are you supposed to get use to a gun by having something cradle it while you shoot??
Old 09-19-2012, 04:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Put me in the Lead Sled mistake club.
Me too. i see a guys sight in their guns using a lead sled and never fire the gun from their shoulder: This is a mistake. In several cases i'm aware of its cost hunters deer and elk and caused long tracking jobs.

Among my guns there is only one rifle whose recoil i consider severe: That gun is a 6.5 pound lightened Thai Mauser in .375 Alaskan (.348 Winchester case blown out and necked up). In terms of recoil; think a heavy load in a light .375 H&H magnum.

Last edited by falcon; 09-19-2012 at 04:58 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

Nchawkey
Its not that i cant take the kick of the gun been shooting it for years...I just bought the LS too try and dial the gun in at 200 ~ 300 yds ...having a steady rest.

Just Got off the phone with nikon and caldwell and they have had no issues with the scopes or the rest. I guess if their trashing guns and scopes you would think somebody would speak up and they would have a recall on this Lead Sled Dft.

Im Not Calling Anyone of You Liars, If I Have too ill find out the hard way, I may already have. I appreciate the info and advice i have received off this post. If in fact i determine the LS Trashed My scope....ILL BE SURE TOO BE THE GUY TOO SPEAK UP
Old 09-19-2012, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

You're going to take a 300 yd shot with a ML?
Old 09-19-2012, 07:52 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
You're going to take a 300 yd shot with a ML?
I am. Why not?

Old 09-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
I am. Why not?
Dang it Sharpsshooter! Don't you know better than to ask Muley a question - any question?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

He wouldn't like my answer, so no comment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.