Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Let's see what you can do. >

Let's see what you can do.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Let's see what you can do.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
hey thats a good post because thats all i ever did on MM and they banned me for doing that, but i guess it finally caught up with them, along with abusing their members and running them off.
I have never seen anybody that can stretch and spin things the way you do...

I personally know you were not banned from MM for advertising or posting targets. Your ban resulted from you mouth and the things you said to other people on the board and your constant need to create agitation on the board.

I can also honestly tell you the only person that was banned or ran off in the last several years were you and one other instigator, and to be honest there has been a far less turmoil and arguments since you were invited to leave.

Your recent attack on 'jaybez101099' or any other hard working American, if he might be a union member is a prime example. then to make jest of it with this statement "oh brother, i swear some like to give some smack talk but cant handle it when someone twists their finger into their rib with some smack talk of their own." Then to come back in the same post with this statement "As i tell the wimmins, use me for my body, not for what i have to offer." That is just plane disrepectful to post on a public forum and it does not bother you a bit.

And none of this has anything to do with the closing of the board by Chuck. It is his board and he no longer participates in the daily activities yet he continued to pay all the fees out of his own pockets. I guess he can choose to close it if he so chooses.

But, your claim is so false it is almost funny. but then again it really fits you...

I see you have been de-activated/banned at Doug's also and it looks like that board is going along just fine also without your input...

I have just been reminded that you are no longer a member on DWB either...

The list continues to grow...

Last edited by sabotloader; 09-02-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Breechplug
Since I can use a scope and sabots for hunting I dont shoot off hand. I only take a solid rest when shooting or I'll pass on the shot. I want the best shot with no if's about it, as far back as I can remember all my harvested deer have been lung or heart shot.
Now I will take a off hand shot if it's less than 50 yds and I am sighted in for it with my open sights, but that's usually only if my scope is fogged or full of snow. I had some targets but I cleaned up a bunch of stuff on my computer recently and deleted a-lot and they went with them. I'll ge out in the next few weeks after harvest season (what little there'll be of it) and post some targets.
(BP)
I find a low power scope great for offhand shots. I use a 1.5x5 and just leave it on 1.5x. I find it easy to acquire the target and hold steady. More magnification messes me up.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
..........................to be honest there has been a far less turmoil and arguments since you were invited to leave............................................. .
Truer words have never been spoken.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

It must have been bad then. I saw a lot after he left.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I find a low power scope great for offhand shots. I use a 1.5x5 and just leave it on 1.5x. I find it easy to acquire the target and hold steady. More magnification messes me up.
Yea my scope has got me a time or two, one time I can recall really good is when I had my 3X9 on 9 power. I was looking at some deer accross the corn field when I caught some movement out of the corner of my eye. It was a buck, I quickly scoped him. Having the scope still on 9 power the young 2 1/2 year old 8 pointer looked like a 4 1/2 year old 150 class buck at 30 yds, I took him.
Boy was I surprised when I got closer to him! Needless to say snce then I have let by bucks that were shoters because I now have small buck panic, and also small doe panic.
Im a good shot with open sights out to say 75yds+-, but like I said above I always take a solid rest to make 100% sure I have a good hold on my target, if I cant manage it I pass.
Now that Im older it does'nt matter to me if I miss a shot, I'll eventually get one, if I dont I still sleep good at night knowing he's still out there unharmed and running on all fours.
As I get older the hunting has turned more into hunting than shooting, and when I do shoot it's because I know it's going to be a good shot and I feel good about it.
(BP)
Old 09-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Breechplug
Yea my scope has got me a time or two, one time I can recall really good is when I had my 3X9 on 9 power. I was looking at some deer accross the corn field when I caught some movement out of the corner of my eye. It was a buck, I quickly scoped him. Having the scope still on 9 power the young 2 1/2 year old 8 pointer looked like a 4 1/2 year old 150 class buck at 30 yds, I took him.
Boy was I surprised when I got closer to him! Needless to say snce then I have let by bucks that were shoters because I now have small buck panic, and also small doe panic.
Im a good shot with open sights out to say 75yds+-, but like I said above I always take a solid rest to make 100% sure I have a good hold on my target, if I cant manage it I pass.
Now that Im older it does'nt matter to me if I miss a shot, I'll eventually get one, if I dont I still sleep good at night knowing he's still out there unharmed and running on all fours.
As I get older the hunting has turned more into hunting than shooting, and when I do shoot it's because I know it's going to be a good shot and I feel good about it.
(BP)
Good on you. My dad drove that into me when I was kid just learning to hunt, and it always stuck. I have no problem passing up shots until I get what I want. If I don't get it. I enjoy the hunt anyway.