Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What do you think in regards to American products? >

What do you think in regards to American products?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What do you think in regards to American products?

Old 08-31-2012, 11:10 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Default What do you think in regards to American products?

We all know CVA guns and Bergara barrels are made in Spain. What I wonder is are they an American company that outsources things like so many or are they actually a foreign company.
see the article where it shows that the Dikar Co-op in Bergara Spain at the time of writing owned 100 % of BPI stock.( makers of CVA, Bergara barrels ,etc.)http://randywakeman.com/DangerousMuz...rsAHistory.htm

I think if more American manufacturers and more Americans had the type of attitude ( as portrayed in the video below) we might be better off .

here's a link to the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1FOysx5OuQ

Then again in our day and age, I guess many could care less. Till America is history and everyone is standing in the unemployment line complaining, or inching closer in the soup kitchen line.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is only related a little bit. It's why I won't buy a TC gun.

I was born and brought up in Springfield Mass. Home of S&W. A Lot of my family worked for them. I don't want to go into details, but i'll just say they weren't treated right.

When I found out S&W bought TC. I knew i'd never buy another one. American or not.

Just my view.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have one more comment.

Cabelas sells CVA guns. I'm finding it real hard to believe that they would sell a gun that was blowing up, that wasn't owner error.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:55 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
This is only related a little bit. It's why I won't buy a TC gun.

I was born and brought up in Springfield Mass. Home of S&W. A Lot of my family worked for them. I don't want to go into details, but i'll just say they weren't treated right.

When I found out S&W bought TC. I knew i'd never buy another one. American or not.

Just my view.
I can understand that . I was disappointed when SW bought them too.
They were a better company before . S and W may be the downfall for TC

Old 08-31-2012, 12:04 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I have one more comment.

Cabelas sells CVA guns. I'm finding it real hard to believe that they would sell a gun that was blowing up, that wasn't owner error.
I don't think guns blowing up apply too much with the new CVA's
I posted the link because I would really like to know if Dikar Coop owns BPI . My only problem with CVA was the way customer service treated me a few years ago. Every time I think about Cva that incident comes to mind. And I am very much into the idea that we need to keep as much manufacturing in our own country as possible.
In all honesty if I could get over the C'S experience I would probably like to try one of them MR's
But I like Knight's philosophy of business . Given the choice of 2 equal items I will buy the American made one even if it costs a little more

Old 08-31-2012, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Everything being equal. I'd buy American too. I usually do, but things aren't always equal.

I drive a Jeep, and all my mods, tires etc is all American. Guns...not so much with muzzleloaders. CF gun.. absolutely.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:17 PM
Banned

jeeps are canadian eh

Besides if a cva shooter has any issues and needs some help, they all know who to ask for help.

Also we always see people talking down on cva or traditions about not being american made, yet these same people buy lyman and or pedersoli guns made in italy.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeeps are made by Chrysler.

Don't mess with my Jeep.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:29 PM
Banned

yeah but chrysler is canadian eh, dont you know what they are aboot eh
Old 08-31-2012, 12:33 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
jeeps are canadian eh

Also we always see people talking down on cva or traditions about not being american made, yet these same people buy lyman and or pedersoli guns made in italy.
Yep, that would be me. Love my Pedersoli's and Lyman's and as far as CVA and Traditions, if it's any consolation I consider Traditions the bottom of the barrel,. I would take a CVA over a Traditions all day long . I looked up junk in the dictionary and there was a picture of a Traditions .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.