Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Need a Antelope or deer now. >

Need a Antelope or deer now.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Need a Antelope or deer now.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Dominant Buck

I like to grow the Yukon Gold potatoes. My potato plants got tater bugs this year. What a PITA. But I caught them early and sprayed them. So the harvest should be exceptional. Nice large plants.

Those rabbits sure look good to eat. Grilled cottontail is a favorite of mine. As for eating them water bugs.. no thanks.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:56 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by cayugad
I like to grow the Yukon Gold potatoes. My potato plants got tater bugs this year. What a PITA. But I caught them early and sprayed them. So the harvest should be exceptional. Nice large plants.

Those rabbits sure look good to eat. Grilled cottontail is a favorite of mine. As for eating them water bugs.. no thanks.
Yukon Gold are my favorite. harvested some of them today also.

Thats what I'm eating here in a couple minutes

Old 08-07-2012, 11:10 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Well , not the whole trailer load but a couple of potatoes

Old 08-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Ever grow Kennebec Potatoes? I grew them two years ago because they were out of Yukon Gold seedlings.. and all they had were Kennebec. Now there is a good tasting tater. Nice and firm. Bakes excellent. Just a real good spud.

With all them kids you need a truck load of potatoes. But them Yukon Gold are sure a good tasting potato with just some butter and salt and pepper on them.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

As for eating them water bugs.. no thanks.
Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.

We usually plan on 6 lbs. per person when we have a family crawfish boil.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane

that's a lot of water bugs.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:03 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Semisane

that's a feast fit for a king. I usually count on about 20 per person, but when the kids went to the crawdad hole the coons had beat us there. There were coon tracks and pieces of crawdad all over the place. We were lucky to get 20 total

Old 08-08-2012, 02:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now them are some good looking mud bugs, semi your making my mouth water and its a long time before they come back into season. Dave there aint nothing like eating a big plate of mud bugs.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:31 AM
Dominant Buck

I actually had some once. Let's just say... I can eat most anything but in their case, I'll have a good hamburger instead. Same thing with lobster. I cannot understand what the fuss is. Again, I can eat it but would never order it at a restaurant. I am a red meat person. Just suntan both sides and serve it. Meat and potatoes for me.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by cayugad
I actually had some once. Let's just say... I can eat most anything but in their case, I'll have a good hamburger instead. Same thing with lobster. I cannot understand what the fuss is. Again, I can eat it but would never order it at a restaurant. I am a red meat person. Just suntan both sides and serve it. Meat and potatoes for me.

I'm with you buddy. I'm a meat and potatoes guy too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.