Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
The U.N. Arms Trade Treaty >

The U.N. Arms Trade Treaty

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The U.N. Arms Trade Treaty

Old 07-10-2012, 06:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default The U.N. Arms Trade Treaty

Guys, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton WILL be signing the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty on July 27th. I doubt there's any way the Senate will ratify it. But it will be in effect as U.S. Law until the Senate acts - and this is a Lame Duck session so who knows how long that may take.

Please use the link below to e-mail both of your Senators with something like this.

Please do everything you can to get quick Senate action to REFUSE RATIFICATION of the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty that the Secretary of State will be signing on July 27th. The citizens of XXXXXX are counting on you.
http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

Last edited by Semisane; 07-10-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:51 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Semisane
Guys, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton WILL be signing the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty on July 27th. I doubt there's any way the Senate will ratify it. But it will be in effect as U.S. Law until the Senate acts - and this is a Lame Duck session so who knows how long that may take.

Please use the link below to e-mail both of your Senators with something like this.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

thanks for the post. I contacted our senator and I hope others do the same. To ignore this and just think it is something that will never come to pass I believe would be a mistake.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

To ignore this and just think it is something that will never come to pass I believe would be a mistake.
I agree. Silence is taken for complacency by our "overlords". We must shout loudly every time anything comes up that threatens our Second Amendment rights. Make sure they know we are here, and we are watching.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default The UN Arms Trade Treaty

I contacted my Senator and ask him to refuse ratification of the highly unconstitutional treaty. We Americans do not need the UN telling us how to run our country or what firearms that we may own. On several occasions I have contacted my Senator about such actions and I believe it to be a slap in the face of ever Veteran who has served this great country. It’s a shame that Liberals like Senator Clinton should be allowed to hold an office which she is incapable of performing and executing the duties. I fail to understand the way these so called leaders think. I can see that a possible destruction of our government is imminent in the near future. This is a shame.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Typical Buck

Emailed both of my Senators.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I Sent both of them an email.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

First of all, I am very much a defender of the second ammendment and all our gun rights. When something like this comes along I generally try to find out what is really happening. Here is a link with another view:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.asp

I agree that there are some in political power that would like to have our gun rights limited. However, the second ammendment is strong and is here to stay, it would take another ammendment to overturn it. That is not about to happen.

Now, I consider you all my friends here, but I hope you understand I am not an enemy of yours if I don't buy into every theory that someone is out to take our rights away. I am all for being vigilant, but....sometimes it borders on paranoia.

OK Flame me all you want now.... I've got broad shoulders.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

flounder33,
It’s your right to have a difference in opinion, but that right was given through the service of men and women in the military. I will still disagree with the interpretation of the statement concerning the UN Arms Trade Treaty. What the treaty does is control the import and export of firearms/weapons this will include muzzleloaders too. You may ask does this directly affect me and you may answer no it doesn’t; however, it does infringe upon Americans and American business. Would you be allowed to order or purchase a firearm made outside of the continental US? It would be doubtful because it is truly the first step in disarming American citizens. We already know that the Supreme Court will not defend the American citizens for the choice of elected political official’s decisions. I have been to several 3rd world countries who aren’t allowed to have firearms and several other countries that have revoked the people’s right to have ownership unless they go through a very large amount of red tape. Senator Clinton is a self-proclaimed liberal and is all about banning firearms. I value your opinion, but I ask you to do the same and look at the current administration. This is the first President who has been questioned about his birth certificate which he did provide at least 3 different ones I didn’t vote for Osama …oops, I mean Obama bin laden… dang it…. I meant Obama, but I did vote. This administration has passed a bill allowing homosexuals in the military and in the Congressional Library there is a letter by our current president proclaiming that he is the first to authorize: “NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim June 2010 as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month.”
Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-akin/president_obama_asks_you_to_celebrate_lgbt_pride_m onth#ixzz20GQKcc5W
Now what does this have to do with the Treaty and the Constitution? It has a lot to do with a Democratic Republic. I don’t want this type of unethical behavior and leader to make decisions and enforce his transgender opinions on my family nor did my forefathers and sons fight and die for this country and to be disrespected by this immoral administration. I still serve for at least a few more days and I lost my oldest sun 13 July 2006 on MSR Tampa south of Tikrit Iraq. I have even shed blood on foreign soil and I want nothing in return except to live my life free and be able to own what firearm I choose and feel that my country owes it to the Soldiers who have fought to uphold morals, ethics and values. I do respect your opinion and it is truly your choice, but please makes an educated decision and not just let politics rule you.
V/R
Mike
Old 07-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Banned

a president that hasn't visited our D day soldiers since 2010
Old 07-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slow Burn,
Thanks for the civil reply. I respect your opinion. Believe me, we want the same things for us and for those to come after us.
Art

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.