Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Rem 700 BP

Old 07-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Spike

Default Rem 700 BP

Just wondering if anyone has modified a rem 700 Bp. if so could you post what you did, how, and why?
Old 07-09-2012, 03:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Installed a 209 kit on the 54 cal.

Adjusted the triggers pull PER sinper country web site on both the 50 and 54 cal

Al
Old 07-09-2012, 03:21 AM
Fork Horn

I have extensively modified several rem. BPs, This might be covered in the Tips section above in a thread labeled "What makes a better BP" or something similar.

I modified them using grade 8 bolts, similar to what Ron has done with TC and CVA BPs. I have also extended the nose of the plugs.

Why you ask, To make them totally reliable igniting BH209, along with other reasons.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:59 AM
Spike

screwbolts in your rems do you hae a 209 conversion in them...cause dont you have to make the overall length of the breech plug and the conversion piece the same so it will be hit by the firing pin?
Old 07-10-2012, 04:05 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by The_Hunter323
screwbolts in your rems do you hae a 209 conversion in them...cause dont you have to make the overall length of the breech plug and the conversion piece the same so it will be hit by the firing pin?

H323, and I quote from above:

"I have extensively modified several rem. BPs, This might be covered in the Tips section above in a thread labeled "What makes a better BP" or something similar.

I modified them using grade 8 bolts, similar to what Ron has done with TC and CVA BPs. I have also extended the nose of the plugs."

Are you asking if I bought a 209 conversion, why would I buy a IMHO a flawed band aid?

Last edited by Screwbolts; 07-10-2012 at 04:37 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:18 AM
Spike

screw bolts, im just trying to modify mine... but i jjust trying to see if you have to keep the overall length the same in order for the conversion firing pin to ignite the primer
Old 07-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

There is actually several posts that describes what I did to modify 700mls in the above mentioned thread in the help section, I believe your reading the thread will answer many to most if not all of your questions. Yes reading the thread will require you to take the time to do so.