Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Reduced Recoil Loads (Copper) >

Reduced Recoil Loads (Copper)

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Reduced Recoil Loads (Copper)

Old 06-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Out of curiosity, i wonder if you could set the boy up with a smokeless barrel. Keep in mind i am totally unfamiliar with smokeless muzzy shooting. Reason i ask is, to me it seems you would burn less powder smokeless, and this would lead to less recoil. However, it does seem to me this load you developed, wouldn't recoil much at all.

Did you set the boy up with a smoker, because it is safer? Did you set the boy up with a smoker because reduced loads aren't easy smokeless?

Myself, knowing not much about smokeless, i would rather my boy was playing around with a smoker. At any rate, it seems you have a good hunting load figured out for the boy. Hunting with our boy, gave me the best memories in my life.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Typical Buck

By the end of the summer I will have a smokeless barrel for the Pro Hunter. Already have one 45-70 conversion that I plan to try some light loads in for him.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

I took my son out this morning to shoot his gun. Groups were fired by him at 50yds with 70gr BH209. I was very happy with his shooting!!

1st group after 2 practice shots.
Barnes Tac 155 (knurled)
MMP tan

2nd group after scope adjustment.
Hornady 200gr SST's (knurled)
Harvester lt blue smooths

His set up. He don't need no stinkin Lead Sled.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

That is some nice shooting and he looks ready to go. I still think you should of got him a...nevermind. Lol.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

I wish my kids would get interested in ML'ing. Too many $%*&ing video games to get in the way.