Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
The House on Tues Blocks the EPA from Banning Lead in Ammo and Fishing Tackle >

The House on Tues Blocks the EPA from Banning Lead in Ammo and Fishing Tackle

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The House on Tues Blocks the EPA from Banning Lead in Ammo and Fishing Tackle

Old 04-19-2012, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by falcon

i have burned hundreds of millions of small arms cartridges containing lead: Maybe even a billion or three rounds. Most of the stuff was burned in open pits. i cleaned out some of those pits for reuse without any protective clothing at all with lead dust swirling all around me and the end loader.

This pit is almost ready for burning: About 10 million rounds of 5.56mm, 7.52mm and .50 caliber.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/8599/burningammo.jpg
Falcon,

WHY???.....is all of that ammo being destroyed? Is it being done under orders of one of those liberal puke agencies in D.C.?

BPS
Old 04-19-2012, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
I generally wish no man harm. But I can't help but hope Obama...
OK folks, now for the $100,000 top prize and the title of "America's Favorite Conservative", please finish this statement...

BPS
Old 04-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

WHY???.....is all of that ammo being destroyed? Is it being done under orders of one of those liberal puke agencies in D.C.?
Ths photo i attached was made in Saudi Arabia after Desert Storm. There i managed the destruction of 15,000-18,000 tons of unserviceable ammunition ranging from small arms ammo to 8" projectiles. US military small arms not in its original pack cannot be identified by lot number and becomes unserviceable.

The US tried to give the small arms ammo to other countries but had no takers.

Last edited by falcon; 04-19-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
I generally wish no man harm. But I can't help but hope Obama looses his job in November. A Republican majority in the House and Senate are our only hope. Somebody needs to tear down the Federal bureaucracy.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/s...210612592.html
Old 04-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Spike

Has anyone else heard that the way many of these environmental groups are funded is by these lawsuits directed to the EPA. EPA mounts a weak defense, they lose the lawsuit and have to pay the winners(i.e. co-conspirators) law fees, etc.