Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
The House on Tues Blocks the EPA from Banning Lead in Ammo and Fishing Tackle >

The House on Tues Blocks the EPA from Banning Lead in Ammo and Fishing Tackle

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The House on Tues Blocks the EPA from Banning Lead in Ammo and Fishing Tackle

Old 04-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The House on Tues Blocks the EPA from Banning Lead in Ammo and Fishing Tackle

On Tuesday The Sportsman Heritage Act Passed Mostly on a Party Line (The Republicans) by a Vote of 274 Yeas and 146 Nays.
Republicans Argued that the ability of Sportsman and Women to shoot and fish on piblic land managed by the Bereau of Land Management (BLM) is being Threatened by the Obama Administration and the Environmentalist through Bereaucratic Regulations.
Republicans said Banning Lead Bullets and Tackle would cause Economic Harm to the Recreation Industry and Kill Jobs.
It would be a Massive Power Grab by the EPA without a clear lack of Legal Athority, but has this ever stopped the EPA and this Administration befor, Sadly it Has'nt said Rep Doc Hastings (R-Wash) Chairman of the House Resources Committee.
Also there is No Scientific Data that supports any Harm to Fish and Wildlife. And it goes on.........
Thank You Republicans! and GOD BLESS AMERICA
(BP)
Old 04-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

I generally wish no man harm. But I can't help but hope Obama looses his job in November. A Republican majority in the House and Senate are our only hope. Somebody needs to tear down the Federal bureaucracy.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
I generally wish no man harm. But I can't help but hope Obama looses his job in November. A Republican majority in the House and Senate are our only hope. Somebody needs to tear down the Federal bureaucracy.
I could'nt have said it better Semi
(BP)
Old 04-18-2012, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

Well said with oh BUMMER out of the WhiteHouse but we can't turn our backs on CLINTON also.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

Amen to what Semi said.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

A petition by the Center of Biological Diversity asked the EPA to ban lead bullets: On 10 April, 2012, the EPA refused to ban lead bullets. The Center for Biological Diversity threatened to take the EPA to court.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/...fishing-tackle
Old 04-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Dominant Buck

It never ceases to amaze me how much influence these non shooting groups carry. And they do it through political pressures and law suits most the time. That is one reason its so important to join and support "pro hunter" groups.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

It never ceases to amaze me how much influence these non shooting groups carry.
Bingo!!!
The EPA tried to de-list wolves from the endangered species list years ago. Lawsuits by rabid groups like PETA sued and hung it up in courts for years.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

It just amazes me how one would think a Fish could eat a Lead Ball used in Downrigging or eat the Lead Line we use on the poles set out on our Planer Boards, or eat a XTP Mag bullet that's wedged into a tree. It's Not about the Lead, it's just a way to end part of what we all Love to Do, Hunt and Fish.
Heck it's bad enough that were going to have to fill the Boat up with Gas this summer at a price of close to $5 a gallon, and that's a 100 gallon tank....OUCH!
(BP)
Old 04-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

It just amazes me how one would think a Fish could eat a Lead Ball used in Downrigging or eat the Lead Line we use on the poles set out on our Planer Boards, or eat a XTP Mag bullet that's wedged into a tree.

First the anti-hunters got their way when lead shot was banned for hunting of migratory birds. They got their way again when lead shot and lead bullets were banned in much of CA. In 2006 in CA i had the pleasure of meeting a fish and wildlife scientist who said this anti-lead stuff is voodoo science.

A few years ago some guy made a big deal about deer burger being contaminated with lead. Some states even stopped the donation of deer meat to food banks based on this guys "study".

i have burned hundreds of millions of small arms cartridges containing lead: Maybe even a billion or three rounds. Most of the stuff was burned in open pits. i cleaned out some of those pits for reuse without any protective clothing at all with lead dust swirling all around me and the end loader.

Immediately after one long ammo destruction job i took a very thorough employment physical for another company. After working for that company for three or four months i was called to the doctors office where i was informed that the physical showed high lead levels in my liver, blood and whatever. The doctor ordered new tests that showed nothing; the lead was gone.

This pit is almost ready for burning: About 10 million rounds of 5.56mm, 7.52mm and .50 caliber.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/8599/burningammo.jpg

Last edited by falcon; 04-18-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.