Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
I shouldn't say this.......but.... >

I shouldn't say this.......but....

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I shouldn't say this.......but....

Old 03-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I shouldn't say this.......but....

It seems like every time I post on here that I am going to the range I wind up not making it there. Here goes anyway. I have a strong desire to shoot some fff out of a side lock and I still need to try to get my .54 caliber Traditions Deerhunter rifle to shoot round balls. My plan is to try some patches I cut up out of blue jeans to see if I can get the .530 caliber round ball to fit tighter into the bore. If that doesn't work I'll have to find some .535 caliber balls somewhere. If I make it to the range I'll post the results tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck Pluckit. Beautiful weather here today. Wish I were shooting.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:46 PM
Dominant Buck

hope it works for you. I had one of those day were you make business calls and they will "call you right back." Three hours later your still sitting there waiting for that right back call. Now its too late in the day for me. I hope it was not for you.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

The plan is to go in the morning. I could shoot every day for the next 2 weeks and I might be able to rest easy in the knowledge that my rifles are well sighted in, if I got lucky.