Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Group hug needed

Old 03-17-2012, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a Bummer MD, cant say I've been there as Im a FORD Man and I have 2 Ford Trucks, both standards, 1 4X4 and 1 2X4. They both have the 4.9ltr 300 6 Cly, them suckers run forever! I bought the 4X4 a 1990 F150 brand new in the Fall of 1989 and Im still driving it, it's almost at 190K and runs like the day I got her. My friends all say Im crazy to still have it, but I just cant part with her, we've been through so much, and that's unusuall to still have it being from the North where we have Salt and cars and trucks dont last long.
She dont owe me a Penny and as Ugly as she is she still loves to do what she does best, haul DEER. She was made in Nov of 89, the RUT, she's a deer hauling machine. The day she goes will be as bad as the day I lost my Best Buddy in the world, my Black Lab. Im still looking for a Black lab Pup, no one has any yet around here, still looking..........So did you get your heads back yet...? what year Chevy ya got?
Old 03-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Banned

its a 1992 Isuzu Rodeo. They used the GM 3.1 L from 91-92 and then switched to the better performing 3.2l Isuzu engine in 94. Its a good motor, just one of those deals that you never expect to bite you in the butt. I just dropped them off today at my sisters so she could have my nephew take them to the shop, They were closed on saturdays. W'll see how they come out.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:25 AM
Typical Buck

I like my year 2000 Dodge because it's new enough that it still looks nice but old enough that I can still work on it and do repairs. Some of these new engines look like something from a sci-fi movie. Wouldn't know where to start to repair them.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:15 AM
Banned

sounds like our 98 ford f250 with the 5.4l. All the dang room up front, but ford goes and sets that motor way back and halfway under the cab so you have to pull the cab off in order to replace valve cover gaskets! Oh and lets not mention them drilling #8 spark plug hole off center so you can not get a socket on it. Truck has 314k on it so im going to shut up before..... not even going to go there!
Old 03-18-2012, 02:15 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I had one like that MD54 a 1981 F150 Custom I drove for 306K miles - Drove it 23 yrs- put in two clutches, a rear end. It had character for sure. My work place thought it was an eyesore and I had a Vice President pull up as I got out and he asked - "Anybody survive this wreck?" - My response - "
Well if I was paid what I was worth - I might be able to afford a new truck!" Shut him up pronto......But I parted with her and sold her to a kid for 200 bucks. had a 300 straight 6 in it.
Good luck with the vehicle.

JW