Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Information on TC Renegade >

Information on TC Renegade

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Information on TC Renegade

Old 01-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Information on TC Renegade

I have a TC Renegade .50cal I bought from my brother. I use patched round balls in it. I am trying to find some information on it and possibly want to do some work to it and replace some parts.

I contacted TC about 3 days ago or so and received no information yet on it from them. The serial number is 266336. I guess I am trying to find out when they were manufactured and when they stopped making them. Also like to know where I can get replacement parts as I know some need updating or replaced.

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

I see an awful lot of them broken down for parts on ebay...
also recently found a vendor, the name escapes me presently, who has GM drop-in barrels in stock, 1:70 twist.

Last edited by ModernPrimitive; 01-13-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 3seasons
I see an awful lot of them broken down for parts on ebay...
I am very seriously thinking of going back to inline or new muzzle loader. My eyes are such I need a scope these days, and guess I was living a dream to use percussion and do it the old fashion way! Maybe I am a little crazy as the exs say!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another thing is I would like to put a peep sight on it, but requires drilling and tapping a hole. Certainly I would think there would be something out there? That would not require drilling and tapping?
Old 01-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JLmoore1956
I am very seriously thinking of going back to inline or new muzzle loader. My eyes are such I need a scope these days, and guess I was living a dream to use percussion and do it the old fashion way! Maybe I am a little crazy as the exs say!
The GMB replacement LRH barrels are drilled a tapped for scope use and very accurate to boot
Old 01-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks I checked them out, looks like a winner, have to save some cash!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't believe the GM barrels are drilled and tapped for scope mounting. At least the 5 that I have are not. As for the peep, drilling a tapping of one hole may or may not be necessary. If you have an older Renegade the tang has the 2 wood screws that hold it in place in the stock and then there is a third hole with a plug screw in. If you have this type tang then no additional hole is necessary. You just utilize one of the wood screw holes (using the same screw) and remove the plug screw and the screw provided with the tang in that hole. Peep sights are very accurate. I have them on 3 of my T/C Hawkens and I love them.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I don't believe the GM barrels are drilled and tapped for scope mounting. At least the 5 that I have are not. As for the peep, drilling a tapping of one hole may or may not be necessary. If you have an older Renegade the tang has the 2 wood screws that hold it in place in the stock and then there is a third hole with a plug screw in. If you have this type tang then no additional hole is necessary. You just utilize one of the wood screw holes (using the same screw) and remove the plug screw and the screw provided with the tang in that hole. Peep sights are very accurate. I have them on 3 of my T/C Hawkens and I love them.
Thanks for the info. I will enclose a picture. Maybe you can varify if I will need drilling or not. I do know I want the tang because I am use to the sights on the M4 style rifles and pretty crack shot and quick fast and in a hurry. Same thing you need for deer. So I am hoping the tang sight helps.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
The LRH GM barrels are. don't know about the rest..
Old 01-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here it is, doesn't have the third hole with a plug screw so going to assume it needs to be drilled and tapped.
Attached Thumbnails Information on TC Renegade-p1000294.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.