Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Information on TC Renegade >

Information on TC Renegade

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Information on TC Renegade

Old 01-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Dominant Buck

The Green Mountain Barrels are ready for a scope. The hard part is finding the base. They require and off set base so the hammer is out of the way. You remove the rear sight and on the end of the barrel near the hooked breech is the third scope mount hole. Three screws hold that base on and then the scope with weaver rings fit on to that. I have a number of Renegades and GMB's with scopes on them.

The Renegade has a 1-48 twist with a 26 inch barrel. You can mount a peep sight on them. Get a tang mounted peep. T/C sells them. They are called the Hunter Peep. On most of the tangs, you remove the tang screws and the peep mounts there. Or you can drill the tang and mount the peep onto that. The rear sight on the barrel is then removed and you use the front sight as normal.

The age of your rifle. If it has a double trigger it is an older one. They were called a Renegade. If it has a single trigger it is a newer model and was called a Renegade Hunter. Also look at the barrel. There are different marks on them. The very old Renegades had Douglas Barrels. Then some of the newer were made by T/C. Also if there is the letter K on the barrel it is a Kit rifle. Many Renegades came in Kit form and the K indicates that.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JLmoore1956
Here it is, doesn't have the third hole with a plug screw so going to assume it needs to be drilled and tapped.
Do a search on peep sight mounting Hawkins/renegade. there are quite a few with details on how to mount a peep on it.the question comes up quite often on this site.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guess I will have to go with the Green Mountain Barrel and mount a scope possibly. Rather have the tang sight for right now, but looks like I will have to do some home gunsmith work. Did get me a Black Powder Gunsmith book.

And it is the older style with the double triggers. I love it and it shoots straight with round balls and I love it.

Last edited by JLmoore1956; 01-13-2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: add to
Old 01-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

i drilled and tapped my new englander tang. its not hard but maybe call Thompson Center to see if they will sell you a pre- tapped. i have a Green Mountain 58 cal with a scope mounted on my Renegade. its one lead chucker!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I added my tutorial on installing a Lyman peep. I have put in on before but someone every once and a while is looking for this info.
Ron
Old 01-14-2012, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by idahoron
I added my tutorial on installing a Lyman peep. I have put in on before but someone every once and a while is looking for this info.
Ron
Thanks, I did some research on the site yesterday and found several tutorials on installing one. Very much appreciated for a semi-novice like me. Learning to do on my own. Have to see if I can find a good vice somewhere to place the stock in.