Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Getting ready for Ohio ML Season >

Getting ready for Ohio ML Season

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Getting ready for Ohio ML Season

Old 12-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Spike

Default Getting ready for Ohio ML Season

I went to the range to verify my TC Triumph was still sighted in for Ohio ML Season.

TC Triumph
Nikon 3-9x40 BDC
100 Grains (Volume) Blackhorn 209
Federal 209A Primers
TC ShockWave 250 Grain SuperGlide

Put the target up at 100 yards and below is the first and only 3 shot group I shot. I packed up and headed home! No need to touch it. I only wish I could shoot standing as wells as I do from a bench. Guess I should have practiced that. The first 2 shots were touching and the 3rd went left.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

Very Nice!!
Old 12-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like your ready and good luck. Let me (us) know how them TC Shockwaves work out for you if you get a deer. My Buddy used them in His Triumph and had nothing but bad luck with them, he hit 4 deer and we never recovered any of them, that was last season. Since then he changed his bullet and had much better success.
(BP)
Old 12-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Typical Buck

Looks like your ready to go. Good luck to ya!
Old 12-30-2011, 06:26 PM
Typical Buck

muzzleloader starts here in ohio next sat1/7/12 thru 1/10/12) can't wait ;my favorite time to hunt even use the muzzy for regular shotgun season already taken my buck(8pt) my set up is b/c triumph w/ b/h 209 & hornady 350 fpb & 3x9 leupold slam scope generally drt deer or a blood trail that stevie wonder could follow i have had bad luck w/ shockwave bullets(very little or no blood trail) seems to pass right thru w/o any expansion) & weather looks to be in the 40's with no rain very little snow in lorain county for deer hunting this year . just happy nto be out with the muzzy & looking for slick heads only
Old 12-31-2011, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice shooting! I'll be out there next week too- hope the weather turns out to be decent.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

went scouting today (1/5/12) for season opener on sat . seen about 20 does & 5 bucks & all seem to back to normal activity since gun season ended 3 weeks ago. set up ground blind near heavy trails we''ll see how that goes . weather looks to be mid 40's on sat their is a little bit of snow on the ground but melting fast so by sat it should be a mosh pit. here in n.e. ohio it's been a very wet & rainy winter & seems like all the hunting spots are now swamps. oh well still happy to get out . seems since they changed muzzy season to first weekend after new years less hunters are out & last year muzzy deer kill was down by about 7500 deer for a 4 day season . seems like you have the whole deer woods to youself.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck fellers. Wish I could be up there for it to, but its far to drive for a two day hunt. I will just have to wait till next nov. for a week of bowhunting.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Weather looks a little warm but decent, hopefully. Should be better than the monsoon that we had during gun season. I also like the fact that there are few hunters out during the late muzzy season. Good luck!
Old 01-06-2012, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

Looks like that TC is ready to go now hope the deer will cooperate.Good luck you guys ,we have special shotgun/blackpowder season here starting 1/9 till end of month no weekends on DEC lands only cant wait.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.