Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Getting ready for Ohio ML Season >

Getting ready for Ohio ML Season

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Getting ready for Ohio ML Season

Old 01-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

I sure wish we had a late season-January muzzleloader hunt here in Indiana. The fun's all over here.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

got my ML kill in the Wednesday of regular gun season... not going out...
Old 01-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

went out today & saw 2 nice bucks with in 40 yrds but already filled my buck tag & saw 4 doe @ over 400 yrds . all day heard less than 10 shots & they were all miles away. nothing close , even state game land was empty. was hunting private land near finley state park & wellington w/a the odnr needs to change muzzleloader season back to
between christmas & new years was a beautiful day to hunt just ashamed nobody else seemed to be out (sunny & 43 deg) but somehow we'll here record breaking muzzleloading season
Old 01-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

My buddy got 2 does (1 at 150 yards, 1 at 40 yards) today in Harrison County. Said he heard a fair bit of shooting by him. I gotta wait til the last day (Tues) until I can get out. I agree, I wish they would move muzzy season back to between Christmas and New Years....
Old 01-09-2012, 03:47 AM
Spike

Well 2 days of MZ and no dear down. We saw 10 deer on one drive they of course went the opposite direction of the guys standing. Last night about 6:15 we saw 20+ in an open field but it was past legal shooting time. Hope the boss lets me take a vacation day for Tuesday, if not I'll be out saturday with the bow.