Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
TOW order came in finally! >

TOW order came in finally!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TOW order came in finally!

Old 12-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Banned

Default TOW order came in finally!

Ordered some .510" wads from track of the wolf Nov 12th and they finally came in today! What a deal though, 1000 wads for under $13 shipped. Looks like tonight i will be hunched over the stove melting lube and dipping the wads into it

Now its some REAL bullets time on the range!
Old 12-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Ordered some .510" wads from track of the wolf Nov 12th and they finally came in today! What a deal though, 1000 wads for under $13 shipped. Looks like tonight i will be hunched over the stove melting lube and dipping the wads into it

Now its some REAL bullets time on the range!
That was quite a wait. i have a bunch more i would have sent yah. should have said something.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Banned

LOL yeah it was a wait BUT not a bad thing, i sat it out patiently. You've sent me enough sabots and wads, i really hate asking for something from others. I do appreciate it though. The wait however let the funds build up again so thats a good thing. Have to pick up some more tins of #11 caps and i'll be set for some fun on the range.

Speaking of funds, i got ripped off by a sweet old lady the other day! LMAO.

Sister in law calls my sister and says, Hey is your brother still in town? Moms friend needs help with her drive way, shes snowed in, she'll pay him good.

I hand shoveled 2 FEET of wet snow out of a 40 foot long drive way, 10 foot wide for a stinkin 25 bucks! I didn't want to be rude and count it out in front of her but i just about passed out when i saw the pay for all that work. Ohhhh well. Her nephew said,You should have given him a lot more for that job! She was all embarrassed about it so that evens it up for me LOL.

It did help relieve some knobs in my shoulder though.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Track of the Wolf is usually pretty fast. Must have been on back order. Maybe I should order some of them myself.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Banned

TOW said these were on back order for a long time. They were supposed to get 30 packages in at the end of September but they were long over due. I think i may order 1 or 2 more bags just to keep them handy. Midway wants $20 for the same thing so may as well stock up just in case.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Banned

well i had fun last night melting lube and soaking the wads in them. I need a much bigger tin can to do this in though lol and a wire basket to make removing them easier. Got a good supply of them lubed so im good for a while now. I used my conical bullet lube i make but added some extra olive oil in the mix so they didn't get that tack grease on them. We'll see how she works.