Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
This Forum Is too Serious >

This Forum Is too Serious

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

This Forum Is too Serious

Old 12-22-2011, 03:03 PM
NEK
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by cayugad
No kidding.. I never would have thought of that. That must be a heck of a sound.

I had just bought this place I live now. At first, it was going to used as a weekend get away and summer place. Then decided to live here. And that first week of residency, being the new free spirit, living with nature, Daniel Boone type, I was out in my back yard sitting at a campfire. You know back to nature trips.. And then I heard it.. Out in my woods was a baby crying. I swear to all holy. I could hear a baby crying. I was stunned. I mean how could a baby be in the woods at night like this? So I grabbed a flashlight and went looking. Never found the baby and it must have stopped crying. The next day I was telling a "local" about my experiences. He kind of laughed and told me.. good thing you didn't find that bobcat in the dark. They can be mean at night. Especially if you have a dog. Have any of you ever heard that. It makes the hair stand straight up on your neck.
You may not believe this - but a Red Fox will make the very same noise. I have heard them do this many times while we were looking at them. It sure is spooky - because you don't expect to hear a sound like that come out of them. They will make the sound any time of year - but mostly during the mating season.
The raccoons get really nasty sometimes - we hear them fighting at night in the back yard under our bird feeder - they do make an awful screeching - snarling noise.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

Once while camping in the Okeefenokee swamp I heard an aligator catch and eat a racoon. The sound the coon made before it was pulled under still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

is that any way to wash your piggies?
Old 12-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Man I wish we had hogs around here where I hunt. I would LOVE to shoot some of them and eat me some bacon and chops! Getting hungry thinking about it....or maybe it was UC's pic
Trust me you don't want them. The are the most destructive animal that I have ever seen. I believe are deer herd has suffered because of the hogs.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:25 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by falcon
This muzzleloader stuff gets boring.

Hogs At The Car Wash

hope you didn't use the engine degreaser it makes the meat too lean.