Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
This Forum Is too Serious >

This Forum Is too Serious

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

This Forum Is too Serious

Old 12-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gregrn43
I love bacon
The pigs in central cali live in area's where barley,alfalfa,grapes and some carrots are grown.them pigs no more than 150 lbs are great eating.wild hogs are california's #1 game animal.more pigs harvested in this state than deer.they can be hunted 365 days a year, with no limit.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Spike

Talking

Originally Posted by gregrn43
I love bacon
Bacon is sooo good even pigs like it.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 12-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

darn it uc that makes me hungry
Old 12-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

UC
There's alot of harden arteries in that pile, but it sure looks good. mmmmmmm
Old 12-22-2011, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by JW
Hogs???? and Not New York City Sewer Rats?????? Heard they got some big ones there!

JW
You should see what emerges out of the storm drains right in front of my house....raccoons!!!!! They travel through the storm drains like it's their private subway system. Sometimes they fight among themselves down in there and you can hear them snarling & screeching up a frightful storm. It sounds much worse than a cat fight, more like some kind of Tasmanian Devils.
But it's a 'coon fight!!!!

Last edited by arcticap; 12-22-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:56 AM
Dominant Buck

You should see what emerges out of the storm drains right in front of my house....raccoons!!!!! They travel through the storm drains like it's their private subway system. Sometimes they fight among themselves down in there and you can hear them snarling & screaming up a frightful storm. It sounds much worse than a cat fight, more like some kind of Tasmanian Devils.
But it's a 'coon fight!!!!
No kidding.. I never would have thought of that. That must be a heck of a sound.

I had just bought this place I live now. At first, it was going to used as a weekend get away and summer place. Then decided to live here. And that first week of residency, being the new free spirit, living with nature, Daniel Boone type, I was out in my back yard sitting at a campfire. You know back to nature trips.. And then I heard it.. Out in my woods was a baby crying. I swear to all holy. I could hear a baby crying. I was stunned. I mean how could a baby be in the woods at night like this? So I grabbed a flashlight and went looking. Never found the baby and it must have stopped crying. The next day I was telling a "local" about my experiences. He kind of laughed and told me.. good thing you didn't find that bobcat in the dark. They can be mean at night. Especially if you have a dog. Have any of you ever heard that. It makes the hair stand straight up on your neck.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dave, I have heard that once. I have been known to get up in the middle of the night and go out to the shop and work. One morning at about 2 am a couple years ago I heard that very noise you are describing right in our woods. It freaked me right out.
Art
Old 12-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I wish we had hogs around here where I hunt. I would LOVE to shoot some of them and eat me some bacon and chops! Getting hungry thinking about it....or maybe it was UC's pic
Old 12-22-2011, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would love to shoot a few too but honestly you don't want the hogs. They tear the living daylights out of the woods.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.