Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
looking for website to purchase blackpowder ammo for .50 cal. >

looking for website to purchase blackpowder ammo for .50 cal.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

looking for website to purchase blackpowder ammo for .50 cal.

Old 12-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Spike

Smile looking for website to purchase blackpowder ammo for .50 cal.

First i would like to introduce myself ,My name is richard,i have just joined this web site and it looks like a great website with lots of info.First,let me say i know very little about blackpowder rifles but hopefully through this site and its great members i can gain some knowledge.Yesterday i purchased a thompsoncenter triumph .50 cal. I was wondering if someone could tell me a good website where i could purchase some .50 cal. ammo at a reseonable price?
Old 12-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.co...tItem=&vendors=
I recommend Shock Waves or deep curl bullets in 250 gr for deer . You may need to try both Short black Harvester and crush rib sabots to see which fits your gun the best they vary. The best powder for that gun is Blackhorn any regular 209 for reloading will work the win 209 fits mine the best. Try starting at 100 grains and then try 110 and 120 and see which groups the best in your gun.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Spike

Smile blackpowder ammo purchase

Thanks for the reply and i will definitely give these a try and post back results!
Old 12-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Spike

Default blackpowder ammo

Lee can you tell me if the powder pellets or the loose powder would be more accurate groups?
Old 12-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Loose powder all the way and do yourself a favor and shoot BH209 in that T/C, you will thanks yourself later on.Graf&sons is a great place to buy M/L supplies. orders over $25.00 ship for a flat rate of $4.95 always. quite a few folks here shoot triumphs including myself, if you need any suggestions just hollar..
Old 12-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Spike

Smile blackpowder suppliers

Thanks for the info. builder459,I will check out the graf and sons website!