Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
late season burn out >

late season burn out

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

late season burn out

Old 12-11-2011, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default late season burn out

OK its last day of rifle season ..,. i have hunted / tracked more this year than any year in the last 10.I got to be honest im so burned out . I have killed 4 deer and could kill many more .To be honest i dont want to hunt anymore ... i dont need the meat ...I am tired of butchering and its damn hard getting up in the morning... I need motivation for the muzzy season ...
Old 12-11-2011, 07:11 AM
mountaineer magic

deleted : no longer want to be on the forum

Last edited by mountaineer magic; 01-26-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:23 AM
Dominant Buck

I have gotten to where I enjoy target shooting much more then hunting. With a bad knee, and other health issues, I just don't get around like I used to. But I still try then end up hurting all night. Where as, I can sit at my target bench, shoot til my hearts content. I used to not be able to sleep the night before season. Now I can't seem to get up. Like mountaineer magic said, take a break, sleep in, shoot some cans, take a walk in the woods and enjoy the woods... then if the bug is still there.. slap that devil.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:23 AM
Spike

Default Same here!!

I understand completely. I work 10 hrs, six days a week. Then there is Christmas coming so the time just isnt there. Don't get me wrong guys, In the perfect world I would hunt every day. I am the most obsessed person there is until the freezer is full then it's back to the real world. Husband, Dad, Etc. I love the woods and being out there but the truth is I don't need more than 1 maybe 2 deer. I have a deer tag left but I actually thought about carrying the .22 today for some squirrels. Working on the house won out though. Until I read this post I was feeling a little guilty about staying home today. It's good to know I'm not alone.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:50 AM
Spike

I guess I don't understand your post. Are you bragging or complaining?
Old 12-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

Far from bragging .... just feeling guilty about not wanting to go ... i do enjoy deer hunting more than anything but just burned out .. still have tags to fill . Bought the muzzy tag and just dont have the motivation to go ... other things to do and tuckered out .