Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
The "Buy American" Issue >

The "Buy American" Issue

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The "Buy American" Issue

Old 11-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

One of the people I know who plays pool in the same place who I believe must deliberately buy foreign or cheap not sure which lost his job because they are moving the place he works to China. He could not understand why some of us thought that was funny.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:53 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Breechplug
Unions used to be a Good thing here in America, now there all about How Much More We Can Get for Doing Less. When there asked to Give Back a Little or stay at there current Wage they Flip Out like it's the end of the World. Unions have gone to far and are the reason were Losing American Jobs to other Countries.
I have Freinds that work for GM and other Good Unions and all I hear them say is, (Lat Night I Slept for 6 of the 8 Hours I had to work and got Paid for it) or there was'nt much to do today so I held a Traffic Flag for 7 Hours and Made $40 an Hour, My Back is Sore, This Sucks) It's time the Unions started to give Back a Little and quit asking for so much, why are there Jobs worth so Much an Hour more than the Average Worker. My Wife has a Good Job and She makes Twice as Much as I do, but I work 10 Times Harder for My Money, Im Thankful for Her but I can see why things are the way they are today.
Enough of that......I find it hard to Buy All American, It's Impossible! I bet each and every one of us has a House Full Of Foreign Stuff, and also the Cars and Trucks we Drive, to the Cell Phones, Computers and I-Pods, ect ect.
Quit Fooling Yourself, You Dont Buy All American, None of Us Do. How Much Gas and Oil do we Buy every day that comes from Foreign Countries so we can get to work, whens the last time you called about something and have the Person on the other end of the Phone be In another Country.
Breechplug is 100% American but the way things are I just cant Win and Neither will You, America is'nt the America all of us Older ones Remember it to be. Were being Out Sold and Out Classed. If America was allowed to Use it's Own natrural Resorces and be Americans again we'd be at the Top Once Again. We've become a Nation of (You Cant Do That) and (I Want More)
(BP)
You say unions used to be a good thing, do you mean when they fought for the working man to have workers rights, to get paid overtime, to have holidays off, do you mean when they fought to bring you the weekend, when they said workers need safe conditions, and when they fought for holiday pay, and health benefits. Your main complaint is over payed. With the rising cost of gas, and just cost of living in general do you feel your pay is fair?
Old 12-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dirt1008
You say unions used to be a good thing, do you mean when they fought for the working man to have workers rights, to get paid overtime, to have holidays off, do you mean when they fought to bring you the weekend, when they said workers need safe conditions, and when they fought for holiday pay, and health benefits. Your main complaint is over payed. With the rising cost of gas, and just cost of living in general do you feel your pay is fair?
Im a Republican dont get Me going on Unions. The Unions of Yesterday are Nothing like the Unions of Today.
(BP)
Old 12-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Breechplug
Im a Republican dont get Me going on Unions. The Unions of Yesterday are Nothing like the Unions of Today.
(BP)

AMEN, Brother!!!!!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Typical Buck

WOW... Semi you got them fired up on this topic. Buy American? I served Americans, My Father...grandfather..uncles...brother all served. I feel thats a true way to support our country. So if you buy a product made in another country do you really hurt Americans? I try when possible to buy local.. support our area. Not big box stores... Small hardware store when Home Depot is cheaper. That little deli... and so on. How many little towns lost those types stores because of big box stores. I work for the Goverment in DC so I see waste everyday ...that whats killing this country. PERIOD.