Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
The "Buy American" Issue >

The "Buy American" Issue

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The "Buy American" Issue

Old 11-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mountaineer magic
gee what's the world coming to. I actually agree with Muley
I also agree with him. is the sky falling
Old 11-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
Let me point out something else guys...

When I got out of college, I went to work for John Deere, took sales on a territory from 7 to 23 million in 6 years, that's wholesale dollars by the way...

When touring one of our factories in the midwest I was a bit shocked to find out that after 4 years of college, a year and a half in training, 4 years in the service department and finally making it into sales the average factory worker made more than I did and they had a high school education...

Perhaps the American worker priced themselves out of a job???
Private sector unions are a very small minority and have nothing to do with corporations leaving.. it's greed plain and simple.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

I am all about buying american but have a different opinion about unions. Most try to say they do an honest days work for an honest days pay BS!! most have a job that takes a normal person to do in 2 hours and they take 10 and make three times the money.

Oh before you start, I AM UNION WORKER!!!! Glad I make the money and will not turn it down but, it is what it is. You wander why jobs go to mexico, unions are why! 32.00 an hour + benefits for a job come on. Why do you think toyota does well......NO UNION!!
Old 11-30-2011, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Boonechaser
I am all about buying american but have a different opinion about unions. Most try to say they do an honest days work for an honest days pay BS!! most have a job that takes a normal person to do in 2 hours and they take 10 and make three times the money.

Oh before you start, I AM UNION WORKER!!!! Glad I make the money and will not turn it down but, it is what it is. You wander why jobs go to mexico, unions are why! 32.00 an hour + benefits for a job come on. Why do you think toyota does well......NO UNION!!
BINGO!!!! Give that man a cigar!
Old 11-30-2011, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Boonechaser

Some unions, obviously yours, yes. I work hard and put in an honest days work. As for your Toyota theory, I've worked union at the Buffalo WV Toyota plant more than a few times. Their in house contractor is union. I'm willing to accept that people like you make unions like mine look bad. Not by what you say but obviously by your work ethic. Next time please get your facts straight and don't put us (union brothers) in the same category.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by dirt1008
Some unions, obviously yours, yes. I work hard and put in an honest days work. As for your Toyota theory, I've worked union at the Buffalo WV Toyota plant more than a few times. Their in house contractor is union. I'm willing to accept that people like you make unions like mine look bad. Not by what you say but obviously by your work ethic. Next time please get your facts straight and don't put us (union brothers) in the same category.
I have noticed the ones that say they work the hardest, actually work the least! But good try! Do you really know what an honest days work is? Have you ever worked a non union factory job? If not you do not know. I have and I do work, just nothing like I used to for far less money.

Kinda like the union road crews. Three holding a shovel, two holding coffee watching a back hoe do the digging. Must be real work to hold a shovel up?
Old 11-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dirt1008
Amen.some unions promote less productivity for there pay.my brothers company voted the union out 10 years ago at the request of the owner,who kept there wages the same and actually gave them more bennies than they had with the union.the owner wanted more productivity and he got it. i know a lot of union people,who work there tails off for there pay.when you look at the company's that have left this country, very,very few of them were union..unions are not the reason there leaving..again it's greed!
Old 11-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

work for less its our fault...and the rich get richer
Old 11-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Just like GM in my hometown, they tried to get the worker to take a 15% paycut and pay a little more for their benefits. guess what, now they in the unenmployment line.

Chrysler, same story. if your told take 15% less or make 50% less on the unemployment line, thats not a hard choice for me. but, now mexico has more jobs.

But, i guess i will be the ass on the board. its not unions totally in my mind it is the illegals. everyone downed Bush for saying stupid stuff on tv. well the dumbest thing he ever said was "the illegals are only doing the jobs, americans dont want" they also drive down the pay, to jobs that used to be good payers. because unlike most americans we are single families and do not group together to live. illegals will live 20 in a 3 bedroom house and split the bills, well you can afford to make less money living this way.
Then do to them receiving free everything, it drives our taxes and medical exspenses thru the roof!
Old 11-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unions used to be a Good thing here in America, now there all about How Much More We Can Get for Doing Less. When there asked to Give Back a Little or stay at there current Wage they Flip Out like it's the end of the World. Unions have gone to far and are the reason were Losing American Jobs to other Countries.
I have Freinds that work for GM and other Good Unions and all I hear them say is, (Lat Night I Slept for 6 of the 8 Hours I had to work and got Paid for it) or there was'nt much to do today so I held a Traffic Flag for 7 Hours and Made $40 an Hour, My Back is Sore, This Sucks) It's time the Unions started to give Back a Little and quit asking for so much, why are there Jobs worth so Much an Hour more than the Average Worker. My Wife has a Good Job and She makes Twice as Much as I do, but I work 10 Times Harder for My Money, Im Thankful for Her but I can see why things are the way they are today.
Enough of that......I find it hard to Buy All American, It's Impossible! I bet each and every one of us has a House Full Of Foreign Stuff, and also the Cars and Trucks we Drive, to the Cell Phones, Computers and I-Pods, ect ect.
Quit Fooling Yourself, You Dont Buy All American, None of Us Do. How Much Gas and Oil do we Buy every day that comes from Foreign Countries so we can get to work, whens the last time you called about something and have the Person on the other end of the Phone be In another Country.
Breechplug is 100% American but the way things are I just cant Win and Neither will You, America is'nt the America all of us Older ones Remember it to be. Were being Out Sold and Out Classed. If America was allowed to Use it's Own natrural Resorces and be Americans again we'd be at the Top Once Again. We've become a Nation of (You Cant Do That) and (I Want More)
(BP)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.