Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
what we think the top 10 muzzleloaders general public is buying >

what we think the top 10 muzzleloaders general public is buying

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

what we think the top 10 muzzleloaders general public is buying

Old 11-30-2011, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

Well I personally didnt read anywhere in this thread where anyone said that their muzzleloader shot better than a cva or that a cheap mler didn't shoot as well as an exspensive one. I think you are reading that in yourself.

But I will say that in my hands my tc's feel better made and the cva's are no where in the class of a knight when it comes to quality. I do believe bergera barrels are great but, I like the green mountains better.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

I also don't believe anyone said people that buy cva do so because they are broke or don't have any money. As I said the people around me just buy the cheapest thing they can find to allow them to hunt longer.

I bought a 800 dollar gun 20yrs. Ago when I made 4.25 an hour and was supporting a wife and kid. You don't have to have money to buy an exspensive gun, just have to save longer. I also have a buddy that makes 115,000 a year and uses a wolf.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't where MM got where someone was out of work.

for me, I have not been able to get out and hunt because of work this year. I was not able to get to the range as much i wanted to because of leg injury due to work, that put me behind getting into the field by less then an week.

my personal collection
2 knights that I found at an good deal
1 win apex (cva kodiak) that i bought off md
1 cva plainsman flint lock (good deal on it)
2 cva hawken 50 and 54 cal (traded an rifle for one and built the other from parts)
1 stone mountain silver eagle (traditions based rifle)

I know all are great shooters once I get the glitches worked out.

really did not want an major debate, just what we have seen other used.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Banned

Just put my KonusPro 3-10x44 scope on my CVA Wolf. Look out targets!!
Old 11-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

WOW, everyone is reading into MM's post more than he said. He DID NOT say anyone was out of work. He said if people didn't start buying and supporting american companies, they might find themselves out of work.

Well MD are you going to answer the question of where you got your facts about the wolf being the #1 saler or did you just pull that from where the sun don't shine?
Old 11-30-2011, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mountaineer magic
I think the general public is buying the cheapest muzzleloader they can find, which usually means an import. But at least that way when they don't have a job instead of sitting around whining they can use their free time to hunt. Except that being out of work they probably wont have money for gas, powder, bullets and the like. The general public lost all semblance of common sense a long time ago.
Here i will pull it along to refresh memories......

Didn't say people buy CVA because their cheap....didn't even mention CVA

Didn't say that people out of work buy CVA's. he said people need to buy American before we all do not have a job
That is the message i think he was trying to get across.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree that buying American is important. I saw something on the news that said if everyone would just buy one American made product for Christmas how much it would boost our economy and create jobs.
I realize that it has become very difficult to buy only American products but if we all supported our country buy buying as much American made merchandise as possible we will all gain. A couple extra bucks here and there for products will be soon repaid in full.
At least I think that is what Chet was trying to point out.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Boonechaser
Here i will pull it along to refresh memories......

Didn't say people buy CVA because their cheap....didn't even mention CVA

Didn't say that people out of work buy CVA's. he said people need to buy American before we all do not have a job
That is the message i think he was trying to get across.
Dang Your Right Boonechaser, My Apologies.
(BP)
Old 11-30-2011, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

But at least that way when they don't have a job instead of sitting around whining they can use their free time to hunt. Except that being out of work they probably wont have money for gas, powder, bullets and the like
this part, is what everyone including myself is what I read into.

but I have said this as well in past threads. you have to think about the american support for the imports that is based here in the states. you go and put them out of work too because they work for an company that imports guns?
Old 11-30-2011, 10:09 AM
Banned

CVA supports a large group of American companies as well as American Workers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.