Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Hearts and Livers and Tongues, Oh MY! >

Hearts and Livers and Tongues, Oh MY!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Hearts and Livers and Tongues, Oh MY!

Old 11-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Banned

I cut the livers out of my kills and eat half of it and leave it on the gut pile so any other animal that comes by, knows it was me who took the life of their little friend. It is my sign for other animals to watch out for Livereatingmountaindevil.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

I keep the heart and liver, but no tongue. The heart is boiled then cut into thin strips for a sandwich. The liver is used for catfishing in the spring just vacuum seal it and freeze it and good to go.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

that stays in the gut pile
Old 11-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always eat the heart if it hasn't been shot. Sometimes will keep the liver from a young deer, but I've never eaten the tongue or kidneys nor do I know anyone that does....BPS
Old 11-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

I have saved and eaten the livers but didn't care for it. I have used it for catfish bait. It stays on the hook well but never caught a fish with it. I have never saved the heart or tongue.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

I like the heart but the liver gives me Ballistic Poo and gas bad enough to peel paint.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ADVWannabee
I don't eat organ meat if I can help it. Ok, maybe its in hotdogs and bologna, if it is don't tell me.

I have eaten squirrel brains and tongue when I was a kid. My grandmother would pan fry the heads. Don't believe I would do that now though.
No, Hotdogs are made of (Lips and Butt Holes) that's what My Wife Connie says anyway.
Squirrel Brains and Tounge, now that is SICK!
Old 11-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

NO - NO - and H*** NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

Yup! I do it all. Some parts I like better than others. But I really like the kidneys!
Old 11-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do have to say that the Deer Liver does Suck, I have'nt and probably never will try the Tongue unless I've been drinking Mescal, but the Heart.....the Heart is good, I know it's disgusting, but untill you try it dont hate it, it does taste like Steak.
OK......now who Eats the Deers Eye Balls, I know that ones comming..................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.