Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New inline ??

Old 11-19-2011, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
I haven't a clue. That one for $7,000 just makes me laugh. Love to kick the person in the butt who came up with that price.

Even the cheap one for $2800 is a joke.
Wow, such strong language over a price. Perhaps you don't realize, you can choose not to pay the price, by not purchasing them rifle. There is no need to hurt an individual because of what they think their product is worth. Perhaps if one considers how much craftsmanship goes into them expensive rifle, they won't seem so expensive.

As one who has workings with my hands to make a living most of my life, i cannot begrudge another for trying to get a fair price for their work. These 'expensive' rifle probably worth more than what they are asking. Wife has tried to sell my hand made products at craft shows, but doesn't try any longer. She has priced my work for far less than they are worth to me, but they still don't sell. People pick up my work, and open drawers, and feel the finish, and make comments like, wow, this sure is nicely made etc. In the end, they end up purchasing something similar at Walmart.

If one really thinks on it, it could be that rifles like the Accura, are over priced, considering what labor costs are where they are made. It could be the Mountaineer is under priced, considering labor costs. I am not saying, i am just saying.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Perhaps those who buy that foreign stuff don't realize they are selling this countries jobs. I have heard one person who drives a foreign car shoots a foreign gun buys foreign cameos complain about the company he worked for moving out and him losing his job. Even losing his job did not teach him where the problem is.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Knight moutaineer or LRH. T/C products are first rate as long as you only shoot sabots (no conical bullets).

The QLA (false muzzle) on the T/C products make shooting conicals a 50/50 proposition at best. Some will and some wont shoot them. See my thread on my Omega shooting conicals for an example: http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/ph...ic.php?t=20999

Never shot a Triumph, but as I understand it, they have the same QLA as the Omega. IF you call T/C, they will say the Triumph/Omega is for sabots and they won't guarantee accuracy for conicals.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you get a knight, I would recommend the bare primer lehigh conversion. Works great with BH 209.

Last edited by txhunter58; 11-19-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:40 AM
Banned

Sorry gents but $7,000 for a muzzleloader? I think not! A few thousand more and you can have a nice .50cal Barret.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:41 AM
Banned

mountaineer is over priced considering their breech plug problems.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

mountaineer is over priced considering their breech plug problems.

What breech plug problems?

Why do you always try to deflect by going to a Knight are always that insecure?
Old 11-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Banned

Im sure you know those who've had problems with their plugs. I don't blame them for keeping their mouths shut to be honest. You guys jumped on josh for his problem rather than helping him.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Im sure you know those who've had problems with their plugs. I don't blame them for keeping their mouths shut to be honest. You guys jumped on josh for his problem rather than helping him.
And you are wrong on that one also... josh got his problem handled very quickly - should even have the gun back by now.

Jason on the other hand was one frustrated person with a whole bunch of problems with Knight. Even that has been taken or is being taken care of. All he had to do was contact Knight - which he did.

I talked to him yesterday and he was feeling better about the whole thing - he had some other problems in play that accelerated his frustration and it was not associated with Knight.

But it would be nice if you would not fabricate stuff to fit your needs when things are not going your way.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Banned

very quickly? Yes after he had a run around and then grouse got it fixed for him.

It makes me wonder why all these years you used to push tc and now... all of the sudden its knight. Hmm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.