Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Got a problem wih my Mountaineer. >

Got a problem wih my Mountaineer.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Got a problem wih my Mountaineer.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:31 PM
mountaineer magic

Default Got a problem wih my Mountaineer.

It seems that it only kills 5x5's. I filled my rifle tag today and once again it was a 5x5 whitetail. I love rifle season though because I can scope my muzzleloader , which sure makes it easier. I will get photos posted later . Now all I can hunt are doe until the Dec muzzy season. The wife has a whitetail buck tag so I guess I can spend time helping her. 500 points for team 1. , but I won't be much help now til Dec 8th except for a doe here or there. Will post photos and info later this evening

Old 11-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think I would send the rifle back for a problem like that. I would consider changing professions and become a hunting guide if I were you. I'm looking forward to the photo's, congratulations.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Dominant Buck

congratulations.. on a terrible problem rifle. I could cure that and hide it at my house for you. Then you would not be reminded of it...
Old 11-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Only 5x5's?

I'd sell it.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:36 PM
mountaineer magic

Photos of todays deer.Knight Mountaineer. 120 gr blackhorn 209
250 gr bloodline bullet. Winchester primer, Nikon Omega BDC scope. 207 yards prone from bipod
. He only went 20 yards and collapsed.
Now I will spend time helping find the wife a deer til muzzy season. I had planned on finding a Mulie for my rifle tag but I just didnt have the necessary resraint to pass on this guy. Hopefully I will get a mulie with my muzzy tag in december.

Last edited by mountaineer magic; 11-15-2011 at 02:22 PM.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

In Colorado that's called a 5 point.

We underplay everything here.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:46 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by cayugad
congratulations.. on a terrible problem rifle. I could cure that and hide it at my house for you. Then you would not be reminded of it...
I doubt you have room at your house

Old 11-15-2011, 01:49 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
In Colorado that's called a 5 point.

We underplay everything here.
glad we aint in Colorado. here its a 5x5 . Kinda wish I was back east. it would be a 10 point then. That sounds even better

Old 11-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by mountaineer magic
glad we aint in Colorado. here its a 5x5 . Kinda wish I was back east. it would be a 10 point then. That sounds even better
Tom sent me a note about your latest and he called a 10 point...

I mailed this back at him....

In the West where we do things right... that is not a 10 point!!!! it is 5 point or 5x5... Wish you guys in the east would figure that out
Old 11-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't understand why you guys out West are unable to count points. What, are you afraid the numbers will get too big to handle? A point is a point. Ten points are ten points.

What do you call a whitetail with 4 points on one side and 2 on the other? A four, or a two? Even semi-sane people know it's a six.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.