Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Best Hunting Show Ever! >

Best Hunting Show Ever!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Best Hunting Show Ever!

Old 11-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Best Hunting Show Ever!

I watch a lot of hunting shows. If i'm eating, on the computer, reading, cleaning the gun, or whatever. I have hunting shows on TV. I listen more than watch, but you know how they are. Tree stands, or 500yd shots. Not my thing.

So, this morning I saw the best show ever. It was an old guy. I'd say in his 70's. Of course he wore no camo. His gun was a flintlock. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. They never show this stuff.

So, off he goes hunting. Very slowly in the snow. Not because he wanted to hunt slow. He just couldn't walk fast, and had a walking stick. He wanted to get a buck. He kept saying that. I loved watching this, because I knew this was close to his last hunt.

He stopped and there were two whitetail bucks standing there. What he did next was something i've never seen on a hunting show before. Not only was he using a flintlock. He was going to shoot it offhand. He took the shot, and that damn deer dropped like a sack of potatoes. DRT. I let out a loud WHOOP! I was more than happy for him.

Now...........that was hunting. I still smile thinking about it.

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 11-14-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

That's what I am talking about
Old 11-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

That's what I am talking about
Old 11-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Dominant Buck

That would have been good to watch.

I have seen some hunting shows that almost make me sick to watch. They are in a hunting box on what looks like a game farm, debating which of the monster bucks to shoot. Funny part they finally shoot their expensive inline and scope combination and the deer does not drop.. it runs off. And then they slap hands because he did such a good job.

That old man with a flintlock would have been a breath of fresh air. I could understand the whoop of joy.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you remember the name of the show?? I would like to watch that.

There is a show about trapping that I really enjoy. I have a hard time believing they can show that program in this politically correct world. But I am glad they do. I believe it is called F&T?? They also have a show about hunting with dogs. I also enjoy watching the dogs hunt with the youngins!!

Some of the shows get a little excessive. But that is the world we live in. Overall I enjoy most of them. Tom.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't remember the name of the show, but it was just one of the normal shows that have all the stuff I don't like. There's so many hunting shows now you lose track of them all.

I hope they rerun it. I'd love to see it again. I'll get the name if they do.