Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
your favorite hunting spot---picture post >

your favorite hunting spot---picture post

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

your favorite hunting spot---picture post

Old 11-15-2011, 04:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

I wish I could say I had a favorite spot. But I don't. I have spots that I have shot game from. Either buck or bear. But my "favorite spot" changes every year depending on game movement/sightings/trail cam pic, etc.
Now I do have spots where I can see a long way. But I consider them more of 'relaxation' spots. Just sit back and have a nice field lunch and admire nature at its best - no traffic, cell phones. Just birds singing, squirrels bouncing thru the leaves, a redtail hawk screaming as he circles overhead and other critters roaming about.
And talk about snow. My neighbor's brother lives in Rome, NY and gets the lake effect snow (off the great lakes for you southerners). He regularly has to take his snowblower up on the roof the get the snow off so the roof doesn't cave in from all the weight.

Last edited by bronko22000; 11-15-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have a lion problem. Because there are so many, we also have a deer problem; not so many. This year i am hunting where i never hunted before.

Here is where i hunted the first part of October.

Here is where i hunted near the end of October

Since the beginning of November, i have been hunting the Northern Black Hills. Came oh so close to having a shot this morning

Old 11-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

This has become a favorite spot of mine in the last couple years. I call it the "log blind" for obvious reasons. Not your idea of a perfect landscape, but deer travel through that area many times a day. I've seen them every hour from before legal shooting light to after legal shooting light.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Banned

Ron, during my hunt in new mexico in September we noticed the deer herds were down big time. My brother in law last friday went coyote calling in the snow, found 4 different sets of mountain lion prints. That could very well be what the issue was down there. Its amazing how those lions take down deer.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Typical Buck

Ok, I finally have an updated picture of my hunting location. The red lines are the property boundaries of my neighborhood (I am the only house in it). The woods are about 25 acres and the field is about 15 acres. The yellow lines are the main deer travel routes. The red circle in the field is my blind and the red circle/x-mark in the woods is my treestand.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:01 AM
Spike

Dear Tom,

It is not easy to find a 30” barrel with 3” magnum and the magazine/receiver will not cycle the shells semi-automatically, if change the barrel, then it is better to change the magazine/receiver as well. Taking the shot gun to the Gunsmith will not help.

I have the exact Remington 1100, it is 5 shotgun automatic, 3” Magnum, 30” full choke barrel and it shoots 3” shells. The shotgun has fantastic stock and is in excellent shape. You can shoot 2-3/4” one a time, you put the shell in chamber and it will shoot and eject without any difficulty.

If you want to change your shotgun with mine, please let me know? How much difference would like to pay for the change, because mine is has 3” magnum which shoots 3” shells more powerful and goes a long way.

I assume that your living in West VA and I live in North VA, if you are coming to Northern VA, we can show the shotguns to each other, if we agree, we can have transferred to each other through an FF dealer.

Best regards,

Abdul
Email: [email protected]
Old 12-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

The yellow and blue dots were put there because I was telling a sad story. Best buck we saw this season appeared at both those locations. He also left both intact. I've had this view the last several years.

My young grandson has been my hunting companion for the last few years. He'll soon turn 13 and may soon abandon his old hunting partner. I hope not.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

View from the hilltop on the same place. Took pic out of the pickup's driver side window as I was leaving one day.