Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Watch out for Harvester >

Watch out for Harvester

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Watch out for Harvester

Old 11-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default Watch out for Harvester

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:04 pmPost subject: Wach out with Harvester I ordered 5 pach of sabots for a total of $41.95 on their web site ,they charged $18.03 for shipping and handling.
What a surprise when I saw the brown truck bring in my order and a additional COD of $39.61 .Called Ron and he explained its a policy to send all web site order through UPS.I always called Ron and they always
sent it through USPS without any problem.
Now I paid $99.59 what usualy would have cost me less than $55.00
I was to buy 2/ 50 bullets of 300 gr Harvester PT Gold.
I wont buy any for sure and they lost me as a customer.
Be carefull if you buy from Harvester.

Taureau noir
Old 11-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

I just went and placed and order with them but when I saw the shipping charges I didn't submit. I ended up getting them from midsouthshooterssupply.com and they were actually cheaper than direct from Harvester! And shipping was only about $12. Of course you will pay more being in Canada.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Banned

wow thats just crazy! I would have told the UPS man to send it back.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

Bronko22000,I was out hunting and my wife made a check to UPS.The bill was suppose to be $59.98 including 18.03 for UPS shipping and handling and the COD was for duty fee(brockage).
MontainDevil 54, I received the bill by e-Mail after UPS delivered the package.
It took that to know with whom you deal with.
Taureau noir
Old 11-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Dominant Buck

that really is unfair. What are they thinking? Thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have seen this before. Sometimes the manufacturer or marketer does not want to sell items direct. But they are afraid to discourage it for fear of loosing buyers. The problem is they put themselves in a Catch 22, and still loose a customer(like you).

What a lot of mfrs. want to do is to encourage their consumers to buy from the distribution system, rather than buying direct. That is what this sounds like to me. Why else would they charge you a ridiculous price fro shipping?? Certainly you guys have noticed that most of the time on small items the mfr. price to us is higher than a distributor like Cabela's or Midway. The mfr. wants to discourage a consumer from buying direct.

This sounds silly, but it is a truth to business. Sometimes a little too much in sales is a bad thing. They are forced to employ more people than they want to. They would much rather pack up and ship 500 packages to a single distributor, than to ship 250 packs of 2 bags to 250 retail customers. Tom.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

I just ordered from them and here is my bill

Qty Name SKU Price Total
1 45 Cal. 260 Grain .451 Polymer Tip Bullet
45-260PT $20.99 $20.99
1 50 Cal Crushed Rib Sabot for .451-.452 Cal Bullet (For Smokeless
H25045SRR $8.99 $8.99

SubTotal : $29.98
Shipping and Handling Fee : $10.14

Total: $40.12
Probally Ups to Canada charge
Old 11-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

i was always told not to send anything UPS across the border. they charge a brokerage fee.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thought they were good guys too. They sent me out a bunch of samples once, and when I ordered bullets and sabots the shipping was cheap.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you absolutely sure with having your order shipped to Canada the extra shipping charges of $39.61 were not imposed by UPS themselves due to customs? I know there are additional custom charges attached to shipping when shipped across borders. Also you state and I quote:

"Called Ron and he explained its a policy to send all web site order through UPS. I always called Ron and they always sent it through USPS without any problem."

I already knew the answer to this but I went to the website one more time to be sure and when you check out with a website purchase the only shipping options offered are UPS. No where on their website purchases does it offer USPS shipping. As of this time only their call in orders offer USPS? I believe if anyone wants to check this out they will find that actually all Harvester did charge for shipping in this incident was the $18.03 and the additional shipping charges were accessed by UPS themselves due to additional Custom charges for transporting a shipment across the CA border.

I have bought a good bit of stuff from Harvester and even exchanged some emails and phone calls with Ron in regards to their shipping ( and I have no affiliation with them what so ever) but you will not find a more stand up guy out there in business than Ron. Since you have contacted Ron about this then I would love to see the actual emails or hear the actual ph conversation between you two because I believe without a doubt that he would do what ever was within his power to make sure this ended happy. This guy is not dishonest in any way that he does business. I will not hesitate to continue to buy their products.JMHO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.