Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Thought you guys would like to hear this >

Thought you guys would like to hear this

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Thought you guys would like to hear this

Old 11-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Thought you guys would like to hear this

I posted this on the Bowhunting forum but want to share with you guys.
After getting my buck on Tuesday and being off work today for Veteran's day, I decided to go pull one of my hanging stands. So in my everyday clothes (jeans, etc), I grab my back pack and safety harness and drive to the spot. I get there slam the truck door cause I'm not being cautions. Walk normally down to the stand making all kinds of racket. Put on my harness and climb up to the stand. Moving around up in the treestand like a 200 lb squirrel taking off the lock and the ratchet strap, I hear a commotion behind me. As I stand up to look, a doe comes barreling past my stand at about 10 yds. 10 - 15 seconds later here comes two buck hot on her trail. One was a small 8 and the other a really nice 8. I sat on my stand seat and watched them run her all around the area. They passed my stand 3 times in shooting range and never once noticed me. Guess they only had one thing on their mind and she wanted no part of it. Maybe she thought I would help her out and shoot one of them....
They finally left the area and I finished my job.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Dominant Buck

I think when them bucks are in heavy rut you could do about anything you like and not spook them. They are kind of one minded.

I had a person tell me once that when he was working on his farm, he had a buck during rut, confront his tractor he was seated on. And did not want to move out of the way. Whether he was telling a story, I can not say, but the person I refer to is know to be a very honest person.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

So much for wearing camo huh?
Old 11-12-2011, 04:05 AM
Fork Horn

Dose Scent Lock make Blue Jeans?

I need a pair of those.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

So I think that is the trick to harvesting a big buck. All you guys need to do this: Wear anything you want. Be sure to wash the night before with deodorant soap. When you walk thru the woods make as much noise as possible, when on stand, jump up and down and wave your arms. Bang metal to metal. This especially applies to anyone hunting in my areas. Because I want to see you with your big buck. I will even take the pictures for you.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

The first time I ever hunted from a stand I did the same thing. I was in jeans and an old sweatshirt. I took the most direct line to my stand which was far from the most quiet. Stood up in my stand for awhile looking around. It wasn't 15 minutes that I had been up there when I had a doe and a fawn come out on almost the same path I took getting out there. They walked around the area that I had just trampled for quite some time and didn't run off until I moved and the stand creaked.