Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shame on Cabelas

Old 11-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

The majority of the states you can hunt on Sunday. PA is trying to push it but I don't think its going to pass. Pity for the guys who work all week then can only go out on Saturday.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's so true. I scouted the elk hunting area for next year. It was the 1st Sat of the season. There were camps everywhere. I went back on Mon, and they were all gone. Weekend hunters.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Wisconsin can also hunt on Sunday. But the Wal Mart around here stopped carrying black powder supplies. I did check a local shop.. Blackhorn $37.00 a jug. Triple Seven $28.00 a pound. Pyrodex RS $22.00 a pound. I could not believe their prices. But since they are the only store in town, I guess they can charge what they want.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Banned

end of the year clearance most likely. Moving out the old stuff, not restocking until the new stuff comes in and goes on display.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by cayugad
Triple Seven $28.00 a pound.
I am in Florida currently until Nov 25. Triple 7 is $29.95/lb. here.
You can hunt on Sunday in Florida but BP is closed here now.
You can hunt in Tennessee on Sunday and BP closes at dark on the 18th.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

In Michigan You can hunt on sundays by booze at a party store and go to a bar and watch a foot ball game on a big screen with a bottle of beer.

Persons who work for cabalas gander mountian and bas pro shops are hired right off the street like wal mart does. they do not get any special training on the products they sell and some even have a difficult time knowing a bullet shinker from a box of bullets for reloading.

Several years ago My wife bought me a brand new Remington 700 Ml for christmas. sine we were going to Minnasota to visit the daughter and the Cabelas store in Albert Lea was just miniutes away I decided to buy the scope and mounts there.
After the attempt was made to get me to join in on their circle jerk fun I left with out buying any thing.
I am lucky in having williams gun sight with in 15 miniutes of my home I went there when I got back.
I don't fool around with those big box sporting goods stores any longer. Williams gun sight has any thing I want in the scope line Muzzle loader line and reloading bullets and powders

Al
Old 11-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Spike

Default Cartridge rifle?

Semi;
When you say single shot cartridge rifle do you mean BPCR or modern rifle?
Old 11-12-2011, 04:01 AM
Fork Horn

Forget Sundays. I cant wait till they open up night hunting of deer. After all, it is a nocturnal animal.

D
Old 11-12-2011, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Minnesota we can hunt on Sundays. The rule they have that I don't get is I can't hunt with a scope on my muzzleloader during muzzleloader season. I can hunt with any muzzleloader using any bullet, sabot, powder and primer I want. I can use any type of open sight, fiber optic or otherwise. Why can't I use
Old 11-12-2011, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

There's only five states you can't hunt on a Sunday. All along the east coast and all are former colonies. Its the last remaining blue law (well, no, you can't buy a car in some states on Sunday either).

I'm in Virginia and I can't hunt on Sunday. And I also hunt in PA and I can't hunt on Sunday there.

Heck, even NEW JERSEY allows some hunting on Sunday.

blah!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.