Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Triumph

Old 11-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Triumph

I serously considering buy a new rlfle after the first of the year. I'm thinking about the TC Triumph and was wondering from some Triumph owners about their likes and dislikes of the rifle? I dont want to change barrels so a encore is something I dont need. The difference between the Bone Collector and reg Triumph is it only the energy burners? Thats really the only difference that I can see. I appreciate any information you can provide.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gregrn43
I serously considering buy a new rlfle after the first of the year. I'm thinking about the TC Triumph and was wondering from some Triumph owners about their likes and dislikes of the rifle? I dont want to change barrels so a encore is something I dont need. The difference between the Bone Collector and reg Triumph is it only the energy burners? Thats really the only difference that I can see. I appreciate any information you can provide.
I have had one since 09 and i can honestly not find a bad thing to say about it.there light weight and extremely accurate out of the box, never had a problem with the spped breech and zero blow by.i did do 50 passes of JB/oil down the barrel. it shoots a wide variety of bullets really well..250/.290 barnes TEZ,.250 deep curls,.250 gr sst and 260/300 gr pt golds.mine is a plain jane blue/black, that i paid $279.00 for new.IMHO the bone collector isn't worth the extra dollars.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:45 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with builder I cant think of any dislikes about my Triumph either. Mine is the plain-jane blue/black as well. Lightweight and accurate as Hell. Built well. Great breech plug. Easy to clean.

The Bone Collector model has a little shorter stock (I think one inch?) with the energy burners, power rod ramrod, hammer assist, and a fluted barrel.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought mine in January of 2010 and also have nothing bad to say about it.I have the BC model and with the camo Nikon Omega scope it looks really nice. I like the BC extras and the camo look so the extra 100.00 bucks was worth it to me but it does not make it shoot any better thats for sure. I have always liked good looking stuff and pay for it if I can. The ML is a good shooting weapon when dialed in,I love my Nikon scope and 1 part mount for it instead of a two part set of mounting rings. I shoot the pellets 100 grain and the 250 grain Shockwave Sabots with good results. If you can find one for the price the first commentor paid jump on it,thats quite a deal in my book. I got mine when they first came out at Bass Pro and paid out the nose for it. Good luck and I'm sure you will like it if you get one,but there are cheaper models that will get it done just as well it all depends on what feels good and fits your budget.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:14 AM
Fork Horn

I've had mine since 2009. I'd buy another one. Actually almost did buy one for my daughter. Light weight, easy to us and clean. Fires BH209, whats not to like!
Old 11-08-2011, 02:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife got me the Triumph for my birthday 2 years ago and I love it. It replaced the Omega which was very good but just didn't shoulder well for me, but the Triumph shoulders very well, and the ease of cleaning is great!!!! I got the black stock/weathershield and using 2 pellets of triple 7 magnums, with a barnes 250gr (blue sabot) EZ for easy loading, groups great. I have a Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 on it.

Treat yourself and go get it!!!! You jut might get a better deal after the season!!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by gregrn43
I have a Triumph and i consider it a very good gun. I am not sure that you will find a more accurate gun out of the box than it.

It will come with a very tight tight bore and a bore filled with copper bore protectant tht you need to get out. And following that I would suggest a good treatment with JB's bore paste.

Even though I really like the Triumph I still would prefer that they had stayed with the Omega style one piece barreld action and stock.

I believe the stock design is set for the use of a scope versus the use of open sights.

I really do wish they would produce one in real stainless steel and I wish they came with a real adjustable trigger. One thing I like is the way they chose to hinge the drop barrel - I believe it to be a sturdy hinge that will take a lot to wear if the owner does his maintenance.

Good gun
Old 11-08-2011, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have had mine for about 5 years now it shoots the widest range of bullets of any of my guns, It likes 110 gr of Pyrodex and the same of Blackhorn the only things I have done to it is to polish the barrel and put warshers between the forearm and the studs I did these things before I ever shot it. I always polish a cut barrel as it saves breakin time and the warshers are a trick I learn when I had a muzzle loader and archery shop they keep the gun shooting the same no matter where you hold the forearm or what you rest it on. Mine is blue black and I am considering trading it in on a new Triumph Bonecollector I have an Encore Endeavor and I do like the reduced recoil with the heavy loads of Blackhorn and I think I would like a camo one as I use it for hunting.
The one thing I do not like is that I can not get it in stainless.

Last edited by lemoyne; 11-08-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lemoyne
I have had mine for about 5 years now it shoots the widest range of bullets of any of my guns, It likes 110 gr of Pyrodex and the same of Blackhorn the only things I have done to it is to polish the barrel and put warshers between the forearm and the studs I did these things before I ever shot it. I always polish a cut barrel as it saves breakin time and the warshers are a trick I learn when I had a muzzle loader and archery shop they keep the gun shooting the same no matter where you hold the forearm or what you rest it on. Mine is blue black and I am considering trading it in on a new Triumph Bonecollector I have an Encore Endeavor and I do like the reduced recoil with the heavy loads of Blackhorn and I think I would like a camo one as I use it for hunting.
The one thing I do not like is that I can not get it in stainless.
Lee, please PM me with the washer information, as i would like to try this mod out on my rifle,, thanks Ray
Old 11-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I Love my Triumph, light weight and really accurate. Make sure you buy the Nikon Omega scope for it. You will really appreciate the extended eye relief with that light gun. I also prefer the one piece tally rings and bases for the Encore/Triumphs. I'm a huge Warne fan but not on the Triumph.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.