HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Triumph
Thread: Triumph
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 06:22 AM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by gregrn43
I serously considering buy a new rlfle after the first of the year. I'm thinking about the TC Triumph and was wondering from some Triumph owners about their likes and dislikes of the rifle? I dont want to change barrels so a encore is something I dont need. The difference between the Bone Collector and reg Triumph is it only the energy burners? Thats really the only difference that I can see. I appreciate any information you can provide.
I have a Triumph and i consider it a very good gun. I am not sure that you will find a more accurate gun out of the box than it.

It will come with a very tight tight bore and a bore filled with copper bore protectant tht you need to get out. And following that I would suggest a good treatment with JB's bore paste.

Even though I really like the Triumph I still would prefer that they had stayed with the Omega style one piece barreld action and stock.

I believe the stock design is set for the use of a scope versus the use of open sights.

I really do wish they would produce one in real stainless steel and I wish they came with a real adjustable trigger. One thing I like is the way they chose to hinge the drop barrel - I believe it to be a sturdy hinge that will take a lot to wear if the owner does his maintenance.

Good gun