Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
what type of black powder >

what type of black powder

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

what type of black powder

Old 10-12-2011, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
Where are you going to order it from? If you are going to be ordering from Powder Valley let me know as maybe we can get a group buy together to save some on shipping.

I may end up ordering from graf's, after doing a little math and graf having the better shipping price. you can also order all other powders from them as well.

looking to order enough for the year.

dave, the cap for my goex is an slip on type (or I just slip it on). it is an older knight cap. so is it the width or threads?
Old 10-12-2011, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I never needed any kind of cap for powder bottles. I just pour from the bottle to funnel to powder horn.

What!! You don't use a powder horn?
Old 10-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

no I don't,

I already get enough funny looks when I am shooting my ml when an bunch of ar and ak guys are around lol
Old 10-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not as bad as the looks I give them. I usually say to them:

"Going to war?"
Old 10-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Dominant Buck

I have one of the old slip on black caps and it did not fit either. If we are talking the same cap. But that powder horn is a good idea. I have a couple of them around I could fill and use.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Typical Buck

Talking Cans! Cans! The Man Ain't Got No Cans!

Originally Posted by cayugad
Well for three years now I have collected every jug/container of powder, whether it was Goex, Kik, Grafs, Pyrodex RS & P, Black Mag, Swiss, Triple Seven, APP, JSG, you name it, I saved it. Why I have no idea. Probably a stupid thought in my head at one time in my life. I have a lot of them. But today that all changed.

Instead of my usual taking the large stack of jugs apart and dust them, then stack them again, I decided to throw them in the recycle bin which happened to be a 55 gallon empty garbage can.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blac...too-early.html
Hey cayugad,
Are you secretly wishing right about now that you had kept some of those 3 years worth of accumulated powder cans to store Swiss powder in?

Last edited by arcticap; 10-14-2011 at 01:05 PM.