Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Optima belches lead and smoke! >

Optima belches lead and smoke!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Optima belches lead and smoke!

Old 09-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Well, that link is back to the poster's own forum and requires you to register with that forum to see something he posted here. I feel if you're using this forum you should post all of your info here if at all possible. It would certainly have been possible in this case.

Links to information not in a forum format (such as a Cabala's advertisement) are fine. But links to another forum should be avoided if possible - especially one's own forum.

(A proselyter is one who attempts to convert a person of a different religion to his own religion.)

I'm not trying to pick a fight here, just expressing an opinion. However I did fail to congratulate Devil on the kill, and meant to do so.

Good post on the hunt Devil, and congratulations on the buck. As Cayugad said, them horns don't even make good soup.
Semi, those links are always there.there's no mention to go to those sites to see the pic or vids.if he said he will post them i am sure he will, he always does..
Old 09-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wow, I learned a new word today. Proselyter: One who attempts to convert a person of a different religion to his own religion. Although I can't pronounce it, I think I know someone like that?
Old 09-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

there's no mention to go to those sites to see the pic or vids.
You're right Builder. It seems I made an incorrect assumption. Sorry about that Devil. I apologize to all for even bringing it up.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Wow, I learned a new word today. Proselyter: One who attempts to convert a person of a different religion to his own religion. Although I can't pronounce it, I think I know someone like that?
Bronko, think real hard, and i bet you know more than just one lol.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Banned

i do believe i said that i'd upload pics and videos in a few days. Im on a lap top and i hate working on these tiny things when it comes to a full story and pictures.

250gr Powerbelt Aerolite is what i was testing on this trip. MASSIVE damage! If people still claim to get poor blood trails with this bullet, they better just hang the gun up on the wall or learn how to place the shot! I aimed for a high shoulder shot and holy smokes!
Old 09-27-2011, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
i do believe i said that i'd upload pics and videos in a few days. Im on a lap top and i hate working on these tiny things when it comes to a full story and pictures.

250gr Powerbelt Aerolite is what i was testing on this trip. MASSIVE damage! If people still claim to get poor blood trails with this bullet, they better just hang the gun up on the wall or learn how to place the shot! I aimed for a high shoulder shot and holy smokes!
Are you guys still out in the field? using a air card for the lap top?
Old 09-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Banned

nah im at my sisters house. Her hubby is still hunting for a big buck.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:58 PM
Banned

ok no laffin! I know hes small but the deer are harder than heck to get on this year, especially the big ones and im here for a bullet test so i took him without any regret.

80 yard Estimate, high shoulder shot. Instant blood trail with lung material on the ground. HUGE entrance hole, no bullet exit. Some bullet recovered " those pics come later".

Heres some pics of the damage.

Aprox a 3 1/2" round hole

One small fragment found on the stomach " did not penetrate thankfully"

But i do have video and once i get home i will work with that and post it.

Overall im happy with the Aerolites performance but they still have to do a lot more to improve things. You know how companies are though, they never listen!
Old 09-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Semisane
Well, that link is back to the poster's own forum and requires you to register with that forum to see something he posted here. I feel if you're using this forum you should post all of your info here if at all possible. It would certainly have been possible in this case.

Links to information not in a forum format (such as a Cabala's advertisement) are fine. But links to another forum should be avoided if possible - especially one's own forum.

(A proselyter is one who attempts to convert a person of a different religion to his own religion.)

I'm not trying to pick a fight here, just expressing an opinion. However I did fail to congratulate Devil on the kill, and meant to do so.

Good post on the hunt Devil, and congratulations on the buck. As Cayugad said, them horns don't even make good soup.
modernmuzzleloader makes you sign up in order to view the forums. Graybeardoutdoors is the same way as well on some sections.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not a darn thing wrong with that deer. you can't eat them big racks, and that's what it's all about.your right that bullet still needs work. appears to have exploded. if that was one of your Thors it would have passed through.good to see the deer was DRT regardless.. pure lead and big hollow points= blow up bullets at closer ranges lol.. good job!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.