Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Got her dialed in

Old 09-25-2011, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I don't get it. Why do people get so worked up over something on the internet. It's not like he called your wife ugly or something.
When I saw your load I thought I remembered seeing something in my Encore manual as well about 100 gr. powder/200 gr. bullet. Had I posted what I thought I remembered seeing, I may have been told I was wrong but I wouldn't have been ripped apart.
I think Grouse is suffering from the Devil syndrome. (You can WCW if he ever shows up - it's a real medical syndrome.) There was a time where MD couldn't say anything whether it was a valid point or not without most of the board jumping on him and how he's just pushing CVA and he's the most horrible person here. It seems Grouse has the same thing going on. I don't agree with everything he says and some of the stuff he says definately could be said a little differently. But come on people. It's gotten to the point where you just look for him to say something so you can tell him how he ruins everything.
I've talked to Grouse through email and on the phone. He has I guess what I would consider a strong personality. He will say what he thinks. But that's also kind of what this board was for I thought. I will also say that he has gone out of his way to help me out with there being nothing in it for him at all.
I guess I'm jus saying give the guy a break. Let him say something without automatically assuming he's just out to ruin your post.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:18 AM
Typical Buck

see that is where you are wrong, no one thought he was out to ruin this post. he was out to further his agenda that TC is inferior to knight.. may be a simple litte thing but when you look at the big picture that is exactly what he is doing.. SL posted a thread last week with the load recommendations from Knight in the green mountain barrel to back grouse on shooting 140gr. of bh209 because a member had called him out on posting a charge higher than what was listed... So now he can jump in this thread and post what he did to make a novice think that if i want to shoot a heavy charge for long range, TC just cant handle it..

Also, you can say he helped you with something with nothing in it for him but you just came to his defence and now he has another person to back him and then he can also start suggesting things to you for you to use furthering his shilling for Knight and lehigh or who ever... And it also helps him with his, what i believe to be a psychopath mentallity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy) of feeling superior and everyone needs him and his thoughts of wisdom and importance... I know if i throw that i believe in there, I can say what ever BS i want to and then use that as a defense later.

Psychopaths have extremely inflated self-esteem. Their egocentricity is comparable to that of narcissists, and indeed it is occasionally hard to distinguish the two conditions from each other.[56] They think they are the center of the universe and see themselves as superior beings. They often appear arrogant, opinionated, domineering, and ****y. A psychopath always thinks he is the smartest person in the room and has no respect for the differing opinions of others. Psychopaths have an exaggerated sense of entitlement. They expect large rewards for mediocre efforts, apply for important jobs despite lacking qualifications, demand authority and privileges above their rank, and are ungrateful. It is not uncommon for psychopaths to describe their victims as weak, inferior beings who deserve to be taken advantage of.[57]

(sound familiar)...... Check the link if you dissagree, then tell me your thoughts... SL how bout you weigh in on this one... Please feel no need to pay me for your evaluation, it was done free of charge and with no strings!!!!

Just my 2 cents as always

Last edited by EndeavorShooter; 09-25-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's fine. My point is, everybody has an opinion and an agenda. Otherwise we wouldn't discuss half the stuff on this board. My point is, what's the point of getting so worked up about it? It's just not worth it.
I'm well aware of psycopaths. I work with them daily. And sociopaths, schezo's, BPD's, and most other disorders. What's the point? I would say that Grouse is not a psycopath. But that's just my opinion. I guess I don't have a degree.
Like I said, I just don't get it. Why get so upset about it?

My opinion of Knight has nothing to do with Grouse or Sabotloader, though I respect them both. Until my last Pro Hunter purchase, I'd never bought anything but Knight. And if I could I would trade the Pro Hunter for a Mountaineer in a heartbeat. I like my TC, but it's not a Knight. The only reason I bought the TC was because I got it cheap. Once my wife is done with the rest of her cancer stuff and we get some of those bills paid off, I assure you I will be getting a new Knight.