Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
White Muzzleloaders? >

White Muzzleloaders?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

White Muzzleloaders?

Old 11-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Spike

First time poster and first time White owner.
I am having trouble locating bullets (and load info) for my new to me White G series .504 Whitetail. I have been to Whites site and looked over the recommendations but it seems these bullets are no longer available.
What have you found to be an subsitute?
Old 11-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

You will get alot of info later. prbullets sales alot of good bullets for it.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by mjac
First time poster and first time White owner.
I am having trouble locating bullets (and load info) for my new to me White G series .504 Whitetail. I have been to Whites site and looked over the recommendations but it seems these bullets are no longer available.
What have you found to be an subsitute?
Go to No-Excuse bullets but actually the best source is Bull Shop bullets - but there is a problem... Dan not longer has internet service at his home in Alaska...

See this post:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blac...rice-list.html

Old 11-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Dominant Buck

For the G series go to No Excuses out of Roy Utah. Order the .503 diameter 460 or 495 grain bullets he makes. Load about 80 grains of Triple Seven 2f and start shooting. The smiles are optional. I also shoot Pyrodex P out of the rifles. And when I shoot black powder I like the 3f grade of it. Swiss 3f is another great powder out of these rifles. And although 70 grains does not sound like a lot.. don't worry. That is a great deer load.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:00 PM
mountaineer magic

I use the 460 no excuse conicals and they shoot great.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the site and congrats on getting the White. The No Excuses should shoot great.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another bullet that shoots really good out of my white is a TC maxi 370gr. When I couldnt get Whites super slugs anymore I started trying some different bullets. Mine wouldnt shoot buffalo bullets or the 350gr TC maxi bullets, but it sure liked the 370gr. I have shot several deer with them and had no problems at all.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Spike

I have a white rifle, a super 91 collectors edition, they must be rare as I have never heard anyone else admit to having one. I came across it quite by accident and can honestly say that it is my favorite rifle, all time. I would love to have another white but they are nearly impossible to find in Canada. With 85 grains of 2f black it will shoot,very accurately, just about any bullet that I push down the barrel. It is a nice rifle to look at and shoot. When I compare it to other muzzleloaders I am amazed that they ever went out of business.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bushbaby
I have a white rifle, a super 91 collectors edition, they must be rare as I have never heard anyone else admit to having one. I came across it quite by accident and can honestly say that it is my favorite rifle, all time. I would love to have another white but they are nearly impossible to find in Canada. With 85 grains of 2f black it will shoot,very accurately, just about any bullet that I push down the barrel. It is a nice rifle to look at and shoot. When I compare it to other muzzleloaders I am amazed that they ever went out of business.
Does it say collector's edition on the barrel? Do you have a picture of that rifle you could share?
Thanks
Old 11-10-2011, 04:21 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by flounder33
Does it say collector's edition on the barrel? Do you have a picture of that rifle you could share?
Thanks
Ihave a 451 super 91 that says collectors edition and has doc whites signature . I could dig it out and post you a pic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.