Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
do you prefer a single trigger or set triggers >

do you prefer a single trigger or set triggers

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

do you prefer a single trigger or set triggers

Old 09-11-2011, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default do you prefer a single trigger or set triggers

I have a chance to purchase another .50 cal renegade reasonable it has the set trigger while mine is a single which do you prefer
Old 09-11-2011, 06:20 AM
Dominant Buck

The set trigger is a very nice additive. Especially on the range. And believe this or not, since most my shots are taken at unaware animals, I use the set trigger in the field. A word of warning.. take your gloves off when you want to shoot in the field. A fat gloved finger and the excitement of the moment can lead to a too quick of a shot.

Although there is nothing wrong with a good single trigger rifle. Many of my rifles have excellent single triggers.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:38 AM
mountaineer magic

I much prefer a double set trigger. My GPR when set is about 1 1/2 lbs. The set trigger helps my accuracy

Old 09-11-2011, 06:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Brknarrow1970
I have a chance to purchase another .50 cal renegade reasonable it has the set trigger while mine is a single which do you prefer

I really prefer having the option of the regular trigger + the set trigger - so I would vote get both...
Old 09-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

I prefer the set trigger. I actually despise the single trigger models, especially in a flinter.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

Set trigger all the way.

Even with the set trigger, you can still use it as a single trigger gun.

If you get it, download the owners manual and set the trigger as they instruct. It makes the first trigger a hair trigger and really nice to shoot.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Set trigger all the way and i can't shoot with any type of glove on my fingers. i went to mittens years ago, that cover your fingers and can be pulled back quickly when it time to shoot. Ray
Old 09-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

why have one when you can have two....
Old 09-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Spike

Well, I can see where this is going, but to offer some balance; I don't mind a set trigger for range work. However I much prefer a single trigger for hunting. There is generally more room in the trigger guard for a gloved finger, and in the excitement you can't forget to set the trigger.