Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

sights - on T/C

Old 09-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Dominant Buck

A quick fix is white out. Remember the typewriter correction fluid. The small bottle with the little brush in the bottle. When you want it off, it scratches right off. The other way it so drill it on the back side and paint the dimple.

I even went to a craft store, bought a small set of artist brushes, and then 14 florescent paint colors. So depending on my mood, I have have any color I like. I liked the lime green and the white.

A friend I knew took his off and replaced it with a solid silver dime. It looked cool but he never could shoot worth a hoot anyway.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

OK Brknarrow, here's what I do with mine. Get yourself some white fingernail polish and paint the bead with it. A couple light coats ought to do it. Now take some masking tape and mask a narrow inverted "V" on the rear sight with the point in line with the center of the "U" notch. Put the fingernail polish on this area. Be sure to degreas both sights before applying the fingernail polish.
This little tip gives you great visibility and easy line up of the sights, even in low light conditions.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here's one solution for those low light conditions.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blac...ere-light.html